Return of "v8 QT" Preview Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of "v8 QT" Preview Crash

When v9 first came out, it looked as-if you had finally fixed the crashes related to Preview. At least until v9.0.3.8. In both v9.0.3.8 and v9.0.3.9_beta, most attempts to use the Preview will generally result in a crash of DVDFab. If I reboot, switch DVD drives, I may eventually get the Preview to work.

This issues first started occurring in the v8 "QT" release. In the earlier releases of v9 it appeared to have been fixed. With the latest release (v9.0.3.8 and v9.0.3.9_beta), I can no longer use Preview. Furthermore, it appears the option to switch between "Internal" and "DirectShow" does not work. Nor the "Enable DXVA acceleration" option. These options always seem to reset them selves to "DirectShow" with DXVA NOT enabled upon restart of DVDFab.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a HP laptop with an NVIDIA graphics card. The crash happens with both new releases as well as with (very) old DVDs.

Am I the only one experiencing this crash?

ALSO: I used to keep previous versions of DVDFab so that I could revert if I needed. Unfortunately, I did not keep a prior version to v9.0.3.8 (the application was working so well, I let my guard down). Is there any official link to older versions of DVDFAb 9?

Hi b_sleeth
    I'm sorry there is no link to download older versions, if you would like a earlier version send me a Pm with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Many, many thanks to CBR929 for digging up and sending me 9.0.3.7_beta AND 9.0.2.8.

After all of this, it appears that 9.0.4.0 has brought stability back to the preview feature. Should this current release start crashing, thanks to CBR929, I will have 9.0.2.8 waiting in the wings.

Comment

Hi b_sleeth
        Glad to help
        You really should consider keeping all Installers in a folder like I do, should you ever need an earlier version, it's there at your fingertips, and does not take up much Hdd space.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Actually, I do save my install images. I normally keep 1 or 2 back releases; at least until I feel that the current release is stable.

I just got sloppy and too trusting of v9's stability and for some reason deleted the older versions. D'oh!

I sure am glad you kept your guard up. I plan on holding onto the versions you sent me for a long time.

BTW: I started saving install images way back when I was preparing to wipe my primary drive and install/reinstall Windows (98?). At the time, I created an \Installs\Apps folder and then added a subfolder for each application I needed to install. I prefixed these subfolders with a number to ensure that I would install the software in the right order (back then, the order things were installed mattered). Not only did this give me an install checklist, but it also provided me a place to add links to the websites, license key info, backup data for the application, etc.

Comment

Is Preview Fixed?

I am new to using DVDFab and noticed right off that the preview crashes on my system (2.8GHz i7, Win7x64, Dual ATI-5670HD) both using "Internal" or "Direct Show (with and without DXVA). Is there a way to get an "error dump"?

Should preview be working with v9.0.4.0 or do I have to try and find an earlier version? Can someone give me a link or send me a working version?

Comment

Originally posted by ZephanRC View Post
              ...Should preview be working with v9.0.4.0...
              So far, 9.0.4.0 seems to be working for me. Have you given it a try?

Comment

Working...
              X