This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to iPod

My movie sync is off when I play it in Q-time -- sound noticeably before picture. I haven't transferred it yet to my daughter's iPod Classic, so I'm wondering if this is just a problem in Q-time. I went w/these defaults: 23.97fps, 624x368 picture size supported by device. I chose 96 for sound quality

Profile?

Originally posted by MikeE View Post
    My movie sync is off when I play it in Q-time -- sound noticeably before picture. I haven't transferred it yet to my daughter's iPod Classic, so I'm wondering if this is just a problem in Q-time. I went w/these defaults: 23.97fps, 624x368 picture size supported by device. I chose 96 for sound quality
    Which DVD-to-Mobile profile are you using? I usually use the ipod.h264 for the iPod Classic.

Comment

ipod.mpeg4

this would cause my sync problem?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE View Post
        this would cause my sync problem?
        Maybe... I've had success using the ipod.h264 profile for the iPod Classic with the conversion settings shown in the attached screenshot. I selected this profile because the default settings most resembled another application that I've used successfully in the past for DVD-to-iPod conversions. I just ran a test now to reconfirm, and Quicktime(v7.6.5) played the DVDFab(v6.2.0.5)-created video file correctly with the audio in sync from start to end. You might give this profile a try, and see if the audio sync problem still exist.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!

I'll give it a go.

Comment

Working...
          X