This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Movie - Subtitles question

What is the setting for the Subtitles to work for the movie District 9. When the bugs talk? I dont want subtitles for the whole movie to play, I hear the english but want the bugs text only. and this is for Main Movie only ?

Thanks in advance
    Cram

Originally posted by cram View Post
    What is the setting for the Subtitles to work for the movie District 9. When the bugs talk? I dont want subtitles for the whole movie to play, I hear the english but want the bugs text only. and this is for Main Movie only ?

Thanks in advance
    Cram
    If it was copied correctly you should be able to turn off subtitles on your players remote and still have the subtitles for the bugs.
    Try turning off your subtitles on your player.
    Hope this fixes your problem.
    Last edited by magnum62; 12-24-2009, 04:52 PM.
    "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

If I'm not mistaken< I don't think you get subtitles for the chit chat, but for important discussions between the aliens there is FORCED subpics and they did display on my backup.

You should be getting the same !!
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
        If I'm not mistaken< I don't think you get subtitles for the chit chat, but for important discussions between the aliens there is FORCED subpics and they did display on my backup.

You should be getting the same !!
        Those subs are meant to be.
        But i am talking about subtitles for all that is spoken.
        Some movies that i have copied in the past have automatically had sub titles and i have to turn them off with my remote control. That is what I'm talking about.
        "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

(There should only be subtitles for the bugs only). Any other subtitles should not be on.
          As i stated above. If there is subtitles for every word.
          See if they can be turned off by using your remote or the controls on your player.
          This may be a waste of time, but it is worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by magnum62 View Post
            Some movies that i have copied in the past have automatically had sub titles and i have to turn them off with my remote control. That is what I'm talking about.
            That is controlled by the PGC's in the DVD structure.

Two options:
            1. Totally remove the sub pic's (not recommended, I keep in case I need to view when dialect is hard to understand)
            2. Need to edit the PGC to have them OFF by default, but you would need to use a PGC Editor, I recommend PgcEdit. I edit all my backups using PgcEdit, as you can do many things besides fixing Subpic ON/OFF by default

Turning SubPics OFF
            Turning SubPics ON

Note: There is quite a learning curve to using PgcEdit (but worth the time), here a good starting Tutorial by BluTach... CLICK HERE

PS: These TUT's are old (still pretty much good) the actual software (new versions) might display slightly different
            Last edited by AlienX69; 12-26-2009, 01:26 PM.
            AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

There might be a different subtitle stream just for the bugs talk only. Try to select that.

Comment

When you rip the movie include English subtitles. There are 3 subtitles and it is the top one. You can select all English subtitles. It depends on the player how to show them. For example Windows Media Center plays forced subtitles correctly (see attached). You don't have to do anything to see them. If you enable subtitles in WMC you will get English subtitles for all conversations. VLC has a problem with forced subtitles. They don't appear at all. If you enable subtitles they appear for all conversations.

If you a mobile format then click the top English subtitle, click Display forced subtitles and select Render to video in the profile.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X