No announcement yet.

How is my target bigger than my source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Drive How is my target bigger than my source?

Here is the scenario:

Object is this, I have a home BD player that has USB in, which, when connected to an external hard drive, plays
    BD folders from that external hard drive.

So,

I have a BD 3D ISO, that I want to put on my external hard drive.

I want to uncompress it to my external Hard Drive, as a 3D movie, ...no problem.

When I use Fab, and do a Blu-Ray copy to my target folder on the external drive, it ends up about same
    size as the initial ISO.

However, on the external hard drive target folder, there is no SSIF folder, in BDMV / STREAM.

Ok, fine, Ill mount the .miniso created on the external target drive, and copy the SSIF folder from
    the mounted image, and place it where it should be on my external target drive.

But when I do that, my target folder is now eighty sum gigabytes!

How can the movie, with 3D folder, be bigger than the source ISO?

How is it, that, if I had burnt the ISO using Fab's burner, it would have fit the movie, with SSIF
    folder, onto a 50 Gig blank, yet, the way I am doing it, my target folder is now over 80 Gig?

Also, if instead, I would have simply copied everything from the mounted image, (mounted image with SSIF, showing to
    be 40 Gig), straight to my empty external hard drive, it still ends up being 80 some Gig, even though the mounted
    image is showing being only 40 some Gigabyte.

Is there a more efficient way to do this?

How can I copy from ISO to my external hard drive, complete with SSIF folder, and still be close to the size
    of the original ISO?

Thanks

Hi,
    No way to keep the folder size with the .ssif files in 3D folder. It's the peculiarity of 3D source. The folder size is 80GB-90GB if you check the size of BDMV folder of the original 3D disc in Windows Explorer.
    You need target to an ISO file or mount the .miniso file to play in 3D.

Hope this to help you.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X