This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to combine titles into one WMV

Ok, I searched and didn't find anything (might suck at searching lol ), but, what I'm trying to do is combine multiple titles into one single file. As an example, I took LotR, extended version, did a "merge" into a single dvd, thinking this would help, but when I went to to DVD to Mobile, it still saw two seperate titles and created two seperate WMV files. I wanted to combine these into a single WMV file.

Now, I've searched the web for Joiners and found a few different ones, but ALL of them did two things I don't want. First, they ALL tried to convert the output from widescreen to normal (from 16:9 to 4:3), AND, none of them did just a straight joining. ALL of them recompressed the files and made them horrible

IS there a way to do this with DVDFab? Or does anyone know of a program that will just straight copy them? I've even tried copy and xcopy in Windows 7 with no luck (IE - copy file1+file2=file3). All it did was create some 412kb file named the file3 name.

Any help/suggestions?

try doing a vob passthrough to make one big vob and then try to convert that vob to WMV file. I have not done this so no idea if it will work but does not hurt to try

Comment

Did not work It created two vob files instead of one

Comment

So you are trying to merge the feature movie disc and the special feature disc to one file and then convert to a single WMV file. I have the LOTR collection and will give it a try this weekend to see what can be done.

Comment

If this is the LOTR Extended version where the moive is split over the two disks, you will be unable to get it as a single file.

The "Merge" function treats them as two separate titles. The "Merge" function is "Merge the disks" not "Merge the titles"
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Long time lurker, first time poster.
            Use competitor program(non-free) to combine multiple titles into one vob set.

A handy tool to include in DVD processing kit.
            Last edited by AGJ; 12-26-2009, 08:27 AM. Reason: removed text

Comment

Originally posted by pointerer View Post
              Long time lurker, first time poster.
              Use competitor program(non-free) to combine multiple titles into one vob set.

A handy tool to include in DVD processing kit.
              posting names of competitor programs is not allowed especially links to them. Please read the General Policies and forum rules link in my signature for them

Comment

Ouch; reckon I'll go back to lurking as the GP and FR are interpretive.
                DVDFab #1 for DVD to ISO/VOBs but for single vob sets for multiple titles a "competitor" is useful.

Comment

Ok, thanks for all the info guys Much appreciated. I tried what was suggested, but it of course, as pointed out, did not work. I did not try the "other" software as I gave up on the idea. I tried a few other things out there for joining, none of them worked without recompressing. Oh well.

Suggestion - Might be a neat feature to add to X to Mobile?

Comment

No it is not a failure. Fab is not a re-authoring package and hase never been designed as one.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                    X