Can not uninstall DVDFab 8 on Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not uninstall DVDFab 8 on Windows 8

When I attempt to uninstall version 8 all I get is a dialog box that displays "uninstalling DVDFab 8 QT...". Nothing else happens. I've tried it from both Control Panen and directly from the install folder running uninstall.exe as Administrator. How can I get rid of that p;rogram so that I can install version 9? I've seen several threads on this but none recent or for Windows 8.

You don't really need to get rid of it, DVDFab version 9 installs in its own folder. I have both installed in fact I have 3 versions of V8 and 2 or 3 V9 installed.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

That may be true, but doesn' answer the question. I don't need or want both programs on the computer. At least I don't think I do. Any reason why I should keep version 8?

Comment

I didn't intend to diagnose a Microsoft problem, especially Windows 8. I don't think Microsoft know why that thing does the things it does

Albert Einstein

Comment

From the threads I read here I though there were a lot of people with the similar problems on Xp and Windows 7. From that I'm not so sure it is a Microsoft problem. One person said the only way she could get rid of it was to Refresh the operating system -- but that means losing all other installed programs too, which I don't want to do. Oh well, but I'll just keep version 8 and not install 9.

Comment

You might take a look at Revo Uninstaller, works well on those that MS has a problem with.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I keep both V8 & V9 installed (and V6) as I find that sometimes the older versions are better at some things than the new one.

It may also be my "Old Fart" resistance to change!!

The space taken up is minimal.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Despite my previous post I installed version 9. Had to eventually use Task Manager to kill it because it wouldn't complete the installation. But I see that it did create the icon and appears to work ok.

I tried to rip a dvd with it and it created two files instead of just one, one file for video and another file for sound. Media player says it can't play the movie. I'm guessing I just had something configured incorrectly. I didn't change any of the default settings.

Comment

Working...
                X