This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware

Please dont shoot me down i have searched and did not find and answer to this

I am looking to replace by existing DVD drive for a blur ray drive and want to RIP vob files in the main. With my existing drive i get errors which i think are hardware related when i RIP ie Only Fools and Horses just will not RIP and the DVD drive disappears from the PC after i try to rip these discs

Thus in short i want to find the best Blue Ray drive for Ripping

I want to be able to RIP DVD's and Blue Rays with it and i am using Windows 7 64bit

I case it is a consideration i am using the RIPs to stream to my PS3 from my server as a VOB file

Any thoughts and thanks in advance

Blu Ray drive

The Pioneer BDR-205 has worked perfectly for me on Windows 7 64 bit Home Premier. No errors, very fast for current drives, but a little pricey. Highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by wampots View Post

I am looking to replace by existing DVD drive for a blur ray drive and want to RIP vob files in the main. With my existing drive i get errors which i think are hardware related when i RIP ie Only Fools and Horses just will not RIP and the DVD drive disappears from the PC after i try to rip these discs

I want to be able to RIP DVD's and Blue Rays with it and i am using Windows 7 64bit

I case it is a consideration i am using the RIPs to stream to my PS3 from my server as a VOB file

What drive do you currently have? I know you said you looked for a solution but a drive shouldn't just disappear after trying to rip a disc.

Comment

Originally posted by wampots View Post

I have an LG drive which has been fantastic and almost completely silent. Loading times are also very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
          What drive do you currently have? I know you said you looked for a solution but a drive shouldn't just disappear after trying to rip a disc.
          Thanks for all of the replies, it looks like a pioneer of LG are good and thus could be a good choice

I am currently using a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183A ATA device this is how it is show in device manager which i think is a Samsung Drive, i have updated the drivers

What happened was when the PC is booted it is fine and you can use the drive and this is the case for all activities other than ripping. On some occasions and recently with Only Fools and Horses i would try to rip the DVD this would not work and you would no longer see the drive is windows explorer etc it would just disappear as if it was not installed. The only way to get it back is to restart the PC and then if you try to rip again it would work fine.

Using my drive i am unable to Rip only fools and horses which i have not found many people who are having the same problem and had sort of thought that this was incompatible hardware

Comment

It is not your drive that is causing you problems it's your system because this has happened to me before. It has something to do with the registry maybe one of the mods know what I am talking about. I will also try to find the fix. This happened to me about a month ago after re formatting my computer it disappeared for 2 days but re appeared after rebooting.
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              It is not your drive that is causing you problems it's your system because this has happened to me before. It has something to do with the registry maybe one of the mods know what I am talking about. I will also try to find the fix. This happened to me about a month ago after re formatting my computer it disappeared for 2 days but re appeared after rebooting.
              I think i have found the problem, i have updated the firmware in my DVD drive and this appears to have solved the problem. Thanks for all the posts

I am still going to purchase a Blue Ray drive and i think i will go for a Pioneer or and LG, not have good experiences with pioneer drives in the past and thus i think i may go for the LG

Comment

Working...
              X