DVD Creator Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Creator Not Working

Can anyone please help? I have the DVD Creator and it has not worked for me for at least a week now.

When I try to create DVDs using the DVD Creator version 8 it crashes every time. I drag the files into the folder and it disappears and crashes every time.

When I tried the DVD Creator with version 9 it simply does not work at all no matter what I do. Nothing comes out on a blank DVD and I've followed the instructions to the letter and use MP4 files. Nothing at all. So, I can't create DVDs with the version 8 one and the version 9 one does absolutely nothing.

I'm using a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8 running. I use the most current DVD Copy program just fine but I feel like I threw my money out the window since I cannot use DVD Creator at all no matter what I do.

Can anyone please help? If DVD Creator no longer works is it possible to get a refund or credit? Is there any other program anyone can recommend that will work? I need to be able to create DVDs for my business and DVD Creator simply does not work any more no matter what I do.

1. Please deal with the commercial aspects of any transaction directly with DVD Fab by email. This forum is staffed mainly by volunteers.

2. Try turning off any GPU acceleration.

3. Post your logs and mediainfo of the source files so that we don't have to play "20 Questions"
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm trying to provide as much information as I can and took these screenshots. I'll try your suggestions about the accelerators. It's just weird since it worked fine in version 8 and now does not work at all and crashes all the time and version 9 says it works and gives out a blank DVD.

Sorry if I am not supposed to post here or am a newbie with DVD Fab. I'll e-mail customer support as well.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        1. Please deal with the commercial aspects of any transaction directly with DVD Fab by email. This forum is staffed mainly by volunteers.

2. Try turning off any GPU acceleration.

3. Post your logs and mediainfo of the source files so that we don't have to play "20 Questions"

1. I'm mainly asking how to get the program to work, first and foremost, just asking for help.

2. How do you turn off GPU acceleration? I could not find any options for this yet.

3. I'm fine with posting whatever will help solve the problem but don't know what logs to post or how to do this. It's a MP4 file that's about 4 hours long.
        If you could just help me try to find a solution, that's all I'm asking for.

Comment

I've noticed version 9 tends to make the created DVD structure quite large, I've had good success by going into common settings and selecting "Drives" and customizing the DVD5 size down to 4000MB and so far so good. See attached:
          Attached Files
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Still Not Getting Anywhere

I set the common settings exactly as you had in the image, but it did not have any effect that I can tell.

I put the blank DVD in, clicked and dragged the MP4 file, and it acted like it was burning and just put out a blank DVD again.

I don't know if this is related or not, but I keep getting the little blurb that there's a DVD Fab update and when I did try to accept the newest update and download it, the laptop crashed. And I still have version 8 on the laptop as well, since that worked for DVD Creator until just very recently.
            Last edited by 4795209; 08-05-2013, 07:29 PM. Reason: wanted to update with more info

Comment

I tried an MKV file that is 1.68GB and it came out at 5.08GB so it's not working for me either, just making the resultant DVD files too big even set like I showed you. Try sending your output to the hard drive and check the size. Sorry about the bogus advice!

BTW, plays great on DVDFab Media Player, just too big for a single layer disc.
              Last edited by 90312; 08-05-2013, 08:28 PM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Can you tell me (or show a screenshot) of how to give you all the data you need so you can see what's going on? I need to take a screenshot of each option in Common Settings?

Also, I e-mailed customer support yesterday. No response yet. If I don't hear back in another day or two, I think I saw a phone number somewhere.

Comment

Yeah, I just made it the usual way using creator then click on the folder and select a place to save it on the hard drive. I use the desktop so I can find it easy. Then just right click on the folder when finished and select properties and the size of the folder will be shown, attachment 2
                  Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

DVD Creator no longer works

I've tried all the suggestions posted on the forum and none worked. Can anyone please help? I took screenshots of each screen and am at a complete loss. The DVD Copy works fine but there has to be a way to get the DVD Creator working again and I really could use some help.

The forum only lets me attach 5 screenshots at a time, so I'll try to add the rest with a follow up "part two" post.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Part Two

Here are some more screenshots. Please help if anyone can, the DVD Creator tool no longer works and I have not been able to use it for at least a month now.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Part Three

Almost all the screenshots
                        Attached Files

Comment

Part Four

Here are some more screenshots
                          Attached Files

Comment

Part Five

Here are the last two screenshots