Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some dvd+r's freeze with stand alone player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Why do some dvd+r's freeze with stand alone player?

Hello;
    First time visitor here. This is my problem with the newest released movie DVD'S:
    I use DVD fab to make a copy from a dvd movie to my laptop.
    Then, I use the same software to burn the movie from hard drive to Verbatim brand dvd+r's. I had great success with verbatim brand.
    Occasionally, the burned copy freezes in my stand alone Sony brand dvd players (3 different players connected to 3 tvs.). It sometimes happens 20-25 minutes into the movie. Other times, 60-70 minutes into the movie.
    I cannot figure out what causes this. Is it a blank dvd+r, the player itself or the burning procees?
    The dvd fab shows me that it was completed successfuly.
    Does anybody run into this problem?
    The original movie dvds I am using are all new releases with no scratches! As far as I know, there are no bad sectors.
    I'd appreciate any idea to get rid of this problem.
    I had this issue with version 8. Now, I have version 9.
    Thanks.

At what speed do you burn those discs?

Comment

As Gummi intimated, it is most probably the speed at which you are burning as you appear to be using good media.

Always burn at a MAXIMUM of 1/2 the rated speed of the media.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You really need to see the MID to know for sure, Verbatim farms out the life series +R and they could be anything. Verbatim +R with AZO on the label are the only ones you can rely on. Put a blank in the drive and open ImgBurn/click the Discovery mode and check this info. If it looks like this you're good to go, anything else is hit or miss.

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
        Disc ID: MCC-004-00
        Book Type: DVD+R
        Part Version: 1
        Last edited by 90312; 08-10-2013, 10:28 PM.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi skoy
          To help us determine your problem please post your burn log.
          Thanks
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I never bothered reducing the burn speed since my laptop has 8 gb memory and I run nothing in the background during the burn process. I will lower the speed from now on. The movie that I burnt unsuccessfully 3 times was Keanu Reeve's Generation UM. My 3 stand alone Sony dvd players and a samsung bluray player stopped DVD+R at the same time! (Although DVD fab showed it was a success.) I didn't try to play the movie in my laptop's dvd drive.
            THe next time I run this problem, I will post the burn log here.
            thanks to all who had suggestions.

Comment

Burning speed has nothing to do with your computer bud, it has everything to do with the blank media. The best computer won't burn junk media at high speed.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X