This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File2Mobile - MTS to MP4

I gave my daughter an HD camcorder for XMAS. It produces MTS files. There is an option to convert them to mpg format. I would like to see about going directly from MTS to MP4. File2Mobile supports M2TS but not MTS. It errored out when I tried the format.

There are other tools that claim to support this. I would like to stick with DVDFab. Anyone know the difference between MTS and M2TS?

Anyone else with this problem?

Sorry I don't know the diff between the 2 but did you try renaming the file extension from MTS to M2TS?

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
      Sorry I don't know the diff between the 2 but did you try renaming the file extension from MTS to M2TS?
      I dunno the difference either, but it appears your advice is right on.

I spotted this on avsforum:

'Originally m2ts stood for "mpeg-2 transport stream" which supports mpeg-4 (AVC) streams. But those m2ts mpeg-2 transport streams are different from the mts/m2ts AVCHD container. When you are talking about AVCHD, there is no difference between the mts and m2ts files except other than the filename.'
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

It is part of a AVCHD container.

I found a free program that seems to work ok. If I end up doing a lot of these I'll try file2mobile. My trial license expired so no way to test it.

Comment

Working...
        X