This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessively Large File When Ripping The Goods, Sell Hard Live hard

First let me say a special thank you to gregiboy for being polite enough to get me on the right path to appropriate help, and also an apology to to the other member who's thread I posted on if I came across as trying to hijack your thread.

I'm using DvdFab 6.1.2.5 on Windows XP sp3. I use a pioneer dvd-rom internally on my computer and an external Toshiba dvd-rom via usb. (info per the help us help you thread)

when I tried to backup my copy of The Goods, it presents its self as a disc that is 22gigabytes in size. Seeing that even a dual layer really condensed is never more than 8 gigs I'm just a little confused why its looking at it as such a huge file! It presents this way on both drives, and after probing around for any related problems I didn't find any. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for getting back to us with the info.

These are my suggestions:-

Upgrade to the latest beta 6.1.2.6 (Link in my sig below)
    If this does not work, then try it with Pathplayer Enabled.
    If this does not work, then try it with Pathplayer Disabled

Do not set Pathplayer to "When Necessary"
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I downloaded the beta and it's still presenting as a 22 gig file. I'm not really certain how to change the pathplayer setting?

EDIT: I found it. Right clicked the dvd to dvd function and muddled thru the settings to find it. It was off by default.

I turned on pathplayer and it brought the file size down to a more logical 4.4gigs.

Thank you for your help gregiboy!
      Last edited by So Someday; 12-28-2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

click on the green circle at the top right and look for pathplayer.
        Click on pathplayer and change the setting from what it is now.

Comment

Try ripping to the hard drive first. I still have the folder on my hard drive because I haven't tested the copy yet. It shows 4.4GB for a full disk rip.

EDIT: I have path player set to always on BTW.

Comment

In case anyone missed my edits, I found pathplayer by right clicking the dvd to dvd option and going thru the protection on dvd selections till I hit pathplayer. I changed it from its preset "off" to have it always on, and it loaded the disc at a logical 4.4 gigs in size. I use dvd to dvd and rip the data to the "my documents/dvdfab/fulldisc" option it has by habit.

Changing pathplayer to always on fixed 2 problems. It fixed my too large of a file problem, as well as "District 9"'s inability to get beyond 30% before hitting an error.

The update in product as well as activating pathplayer solved the problems. Thanks for everyones help

Comment

The default for pathplayer is always enabled but this latest Beta when installed sets pathplayer to disabled. Thanks for posting back that you got it working finally

Comment

Working...
              X