CUDA support???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU CUDA support???

I thought I read in one of the recent releases that CUDA had been improved upon and that it was more efficient? I was getting 300+ fps in 8.xxx with about 85% usage of my GPU. Getting ~140 fps on 9, 40% usage.

Gratz on the improvement!!

That's just DVDs, BluRays are even WORSE!!!

Out of interest... How can you get a (std-def MPEG-2) DVD to play at 300 frames per second?

How did you generate your test comparisons?
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

I rip my movies to my NAS system to watch over the home network. I rip each new movie as I buy them. And slowly going back through my old movies. Been doing this for years. It's not tough to watch your GPU usage and encoding FPS as it's happening.

Comment

What profile are you using and settings and I'll see how Intel Quick Sync does on it.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

mp4.h264.acc.

Same as I have always used. Feel free to compare Intel Quick Sync, but that has nothing to do with my issue here. My issue has to do with the CUDA encoding/decoding, and how it is not as utilized as before. Thus taking me longer to rip DVDs than before.

Comment

Think out of the box a little. I know what my computer does and I'll check to see if it has slowed too, or not.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Think about programming a little ;-) . This is 2 totally different programming issues. One does not affect the other. One does not need CUDA to run IQS, and IQS does not require CUDA. One is for Intel CPUs, the other is for NVIDIA GPUs.

Comment

I wasn't going to post back at all but since you are being so snarky about it, I did think about it and settled on IQS because you can't hope to attain the speed with CUDA that I get:
                Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X