Preview window controls not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview window controls not responding

Currently using v9.0.6.3 after not using Fab since late last year (old version was v8). I am trying to rip three new BD's I bought to mkv files, the first being Dead Man Down (Region 2). As always I started with the Copy/Full Disc option to get the BD on my HDD, then I tried to use the BD Ripper to create an mkv file from the HDD files.

When I try to use the Preview window to test playback of my selected video, audio and subs tracks prior to encoding I am having problems with the controls. These problems happen with any disc I have tried thus far (all BD discs, haven't tried DVDs)

The most obvious problem is the STOP button doesn't ever work. In some cases, nothing happens at all; in others the scroll bar resets back to zero but the movie keeps playing. The only way to stop playback is to select a different movie altogether, then press the pause button followed by the play button. I cannot stop payback completely without re-launching the program.

Sometimes to mix it up a bit DVDFab just crashes when I press play on the Preview.

Sometimes when scrolling the movie the preview video freezes but the audio scrolls along like normal.

Other times the play/pause buttons are completely unresponsive.

As you can imagine, the preview feature is virtually useless to me.

These problems occur whether I select the Internal decoder or the DirectShow decoder w/ or w/o DXVA acceleration ticked. I also note that if I select the Internal decoder, I get a prompt to restart DVDFab; upon restarting, the selection has changed back to DirectShow! This even happens when I reset all settings to Default; initially the selection changes to Internal, but after a reboot DirectShow is selected again.

Has anyone experienced these issues, or am I just the lucky one?

Any ideas for a fix or has this been listed as a bug already?

Here are the settings I used:

BD Copy/Full Disc:
    - Remove HD Audio ticked
    - Create protected disc and miniso unticked
    - BD50 output
    - saved to local HDD

BD Ripper:
    - Title [I]Dead Man Down
    - Title 3, Play time 1:57:27, Ch 1-16, English DTS/5.1
    - Subtitle English (first listed English track, there are 4 English tracks listed)
    - Ticked box in Subtitle drop-down "Display only forced Subtitle"

Common Settings:
    - All set to default
    - Same results with DXVA Acceleration on or off
    Attached Files

I have noticed this also, the only thing that works for me is to right click on the video playing and click stop on the drop down menu that comes up.

Comment

Working...
    X