DVDFab 9.0.6.9 beta GUI problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUI DVDFab 9.0.6.9 beta GUI problem

I upgraded to the DVDFab for Windows v9.0.6.9 beta for a fix to a problem when backing up Star Trek: Into Darkness, but I ran into a problem with the GUI. When I start DVDFab 9, the app frame and what looks like a tool bar are painted, but there is no content inside the frame. If I click the close button in the upper right of the frame, the close dialog frame appears, but it also has no content. I've attached 2 screen shots of the problem. This problem also occurs with the 9.0.6.6 beta. I was previously running the 9.0.6.3 official release, and it does not have this problem. I'm running on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, which is running in a VirtualBox virtual machine. The VirtualBox version is 4.2.18 r88780.
    Attached Files

Just installed the 9.0.7.2 release, and now after the splash screen, but before the app GUI is displayed, the attached dialog is shown, which says:

Please update your graphics card driver. If not, it may cause abnormal display to DVDFab.

After clicking OK, the app GUI appears and has the same problems as described in my earlier post.

I have upgraded to the latest graphics driver for my VirtualBox installation, but the problem persists. Could you provide more detail on why this problem appeared after the 9.0.6.3 release, and what fixes to the graphics driver are needed?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rproffit; 10-22-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I am having the exact same problem. When I install 9.0.7.2 (18/10/2013) in XP SP2 under VirtualBox under Linux, I get a dialog complaining about my video driver (funny, no other app complains) and then when I dismiss it, I get the main window for DVDFab which is completely empty.

I can go into settings and such, but there are no options to help with this issue. DVDFab 8 works fine in this environment, but I hit a DVD it doesn't deal with. So I am now stuck

Comment

Originally posted by kitdvd View Post
        I am having the exact same problem. When I install 9.0.7.2 (18/10/2013) in XP SP2 under VirtualBox under Linux, I get a dialog complaining about my video driver (funny, no other app complains) and then when I dismiss it, I get the main window for DVDFab which is completely empty.

I can go into settings and such, but there are no options to help with this issue. DVDFab 8 works fine in this environment, but I hit a DVD it doesn't deal with. So I am now stuck
        New info- if I put a disc in the drive BEFORE launching DVDFab 9, it will draw the user interface, but it becomes corrupt if another program window covers it and then goes away. It is very odd.

Comment

Working...
        X