Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primer on the various options and selections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer on the various options and selections?

DVDFab has tons of options and most of them don't make sense to someone who does not know a lot about video. Can someone point me to a primer on the terminology?

For example, there are about twenty ways that one can rip a dvd and copy it to the pc but I have no idea which is which. Which one is faster? Which one gives the highest picture quality? Which one has the best audio quality? When do I use which one? If I want to rip and play on my laptop on an airplane versus rip and play on my ipad versus rip and play over the network on my smart tv. How do we figure this out?

TIA,

Bob

First off what will you be copying bd/dvd
    2nd what players will you be using
    3rd what video format does your players support
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Pretty standard stuff

I'm using DVDFab, so I'll be doing mostly streaming, but I might copy to a dvd. I'll be ripping dvds, I don't know what a bd is. (Blue ray???) My dvd player is a pretty standard Sony DVD player, model SR510H.

My question, though, is much more basic than that. I was asking for a resource where I could learn about the various formats, their characteristics, and which is better for what. I wasn't asking about the best for my situation.
      Last edited by BobinNewHampshire; 10-09-2013, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobinNewHampshire View Post
        I'm using DVDFab
        Player??

so I'll be doing mostly streaming
        What player

but I might copy to a dvd
        Use dvd fab copy

I'll be ripping dvds, I don't know what a bd is. (Blue ray???)
        Correct bd=bluray

My dvd player is a pretty standard Sony DVD player, model SR510H
        So will this ur playback devise or will u be streaming on pc media player bd player?? Is your sony infected with cinavia tht could be a big problem for playing back infected movies

My question, though, is much more basic than that. I was asking for a resource where I could learn about the various formats, their characteristics, and which is better for what. I wasn't asking about the best for my situation.
        It all depends on what u r using for play back
        Last edited by Jonatan; 10-09-2013, 02:58 PM.
        ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

The answer...

My question was pretty basic and I found the answer here in a DVDFab blog article.

Comment

Working...
          X