Blu Ray to BD5 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray to BD5 not working

I have latest 9.07 and tried several times to use BLu Ray main movie to BD5. It does no compression at all and file is simply copied.

Bd5??
    Bd50
    Bd25
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

There are conversions to

BD50 works
      BD25 works
      BD9 haven't tried
      BD5 not working

Comment

I just tried BD5 and it works sort of, the video is great but the A/V sync is off enough to make it unwatchable.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

How many audio tracks that you are selected? If the audio size is bigger than the output size, DVDFab will change to copy without compressing.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

If you are asking me, I just selected AC3 5.1. It may be important to note I made the BD5 from a main movie bd25 folder on the HDD?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Update

I tried the BD to BD5 straight from the disc and it is perfect! I'm amazed at the video quality!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have just done a main movie to BD9 to an ISO of which I will then rip to a disc but the quality in the video player looks very good!

Is this normal that BD 9 is good quality?

Comment

Yes, even BD-5 looks really good. The only way to go!

Albert Einstein

Comment

90312 - I always make an ISO then burn the ISO to a blank bluray disc, is this the quickest way to do it or is than an easier method?

Also, anything I have in BD 9 what size disc would I need? Still 25gb?

Thanks in advance

Comment

To make a BD-9 from your iso you'll need a standard dual layer 8.5GB blank. For a BD-5 a 4.7GB blank. You'll still have Cinavia to deal with so I don't burn any disc except for testing.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Cinavia - I havent been able to get my head round that..... what exactly is it and how does it limit me from playing the Bluray disc once its been burnt?

Comment

Cinavia is a protection scheme that uses an audio watermark out of the audible range and if the firmware on your player recognizes it the audio will mute and you'll get a screen message. My BD player is affected and will mute BD-5/9. It will let you get interested in the movie first, then 20-40 minutes into it the audio mutes. Insidious!

Albert Einstein

Comment

However this wont happen if you use BD25 / BD50 instead?

Comment

If it is on the original and your player is affected you can be sure it will. I can make an mkv and play it from an external drive (USB) and it isn't affected but burn that mkv to a disk and it is. Anything burned to a disk is affected.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X