Copy, rip, clone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Copy, rip, clone?

Please excuse this Luddite's ignorance, but can someone please explain the difference in the terms copy, rip, and clone? I assume they all do different things or produce different results, depending on which one you use, but so far I have only used the copy portion of DvdFab, so I am unfamiliar with the other terms and the results that they offer. Thanks in advance, and please speak slowly so I understand...

Give this a read through and if you have more questions just shout: http://www.dvdfab.com/tutorial
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Quick gist of it is this...

A Clone is an exact 1-1 copy of the disk. Just as if you were buying it brand new. Requires higher capacity media.

A Copy is copying parts or all of the disk and some compression may be used. Not 100% perfect, but typical for backups. Uses normal, everyday media you can find at places like Walmart.

A Rip is ripping the movie or special features to your HDD to view on a laptop, tablet or smartphone. It requires NO physical media, but can be lost if your hard drive become corrupt.

Comment

Working...
      X