GPU model, usage and FPS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU GPU model, usage and FPS...

First off, I would just like to thank the DVDFab crew for dramatically enhancing the GPU usage in the last few releases (both beta and official). Nice to rip a BD in under 40 minutes as opposed to about 20% longer than the movie itself is just watching it (was down around 20fps with ~35% usage). Hat's off to y'all

So, with that, what is everyone using for a GPU for CUDA (I am guessing AMD cards will not be supported any time soon)? What percentage of GPU usage? And what FPS are you encoding at?

I am still rocking an original GeForce 8800GTX (768MB GDDR3 384-bit buss), it's a workhorse and a half I must say. I am sitting around 95% usage and about 90-110 FPS on BD disks. Over 300FPS on regular DVDs. Can rip a 2 hour DVD to an MP4 in about 12 minutes

Reason for this post is to see if newer, more powerful GPUs actually perform faster than older models. Or if CUDA is already tapped out? Does the performance increase justify the $500 cost of a new GPU? Things like that. Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
    X