NVidia Card Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NVidia Card Support

I have an NVidia Quadro K5000M card in my laptop, but I don't see any speed difference when I use the CUDA or when I just use the software to rip my Blu-ray/DVD disks to ISO files. I am getting up to 9 MB/s for Blu-Ray and up to 4 MB/s for DVDs. Is this card supported? Am I seeing the best you do? Am I expecting too much with CUDA?

This is more of a workstation card, it may not be supported.

Are you using the latest drivers?

Comment

They updated their drivers four days ago. I will install those and see if it makes a difference.

No. Just updated and it is still the same.
      Last edited by uglymouse; 11-03-2013, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Might not work with ISO files. The CUDA and other apps only work when ripping to one form of HD video or another (MP4, avi, DIVX, etc...). And ISO is more of a carbon copy of the disk itself and requires very little encoding. Just like when copying the main movie from a disk for a new disk, might be compressing it, but it' not using CUDA (thus my GPU) at all.

Comment

What sort of Fps should I be looking for? What is good with CUDA support for ripping DVDs to MP4 or MKV?

Comment

How can there be no benefit using Cuda Cores going from 50GB to 25GB?

Originally posted by Hexen525 View Post
            Might not work with ISO files. The CUDA and other apps only work when ripping to one form of HD video or another (MP4, avi, DIVX, etc...). And ISO is more of a carbon copy of the disk itself and requires very little encoding. Just like when copying the main movie from a disk for a new disk, might be compressing it, but it' not using CUDA (thus my GPU) at all.
            This does not even make sense to me. How can you not see any benefits in a speed increase when compressing a 50GB .ISO Blu-Ray down to 25GB .ISO? Cude Cores make no difference in this scenario? That is whacked.

Comment

Working...
            X