No announcement yet.

Need "EXPERTS"answers......yes or no.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Need "EXPERTS"answers......yes or no.

Having windows XP pro.and Nvidia GT520..I know ,I know... I do get the message...Intel Quick Sync Decoder cannot be supported by your Graphics card.I have Intel core i5 3570 HD graphics 2500.NO problems there. Now,I want upgrade from Windows XP to windows 7.....I will "disconnect" Nvidia GT520 and connect Monitor to motherboard.My Question for Experts only is..Will Intel Quick Sync Decoder be working for me now OR not in windows 7 ?? PS.disconnecting Nvidia GT520 before and it did not work for me last time....Is XP the problem??And will be Windows 7 get me "there"? Thanks guys.
    Last edited by BERT; 11-16-2013, 05:26 AM.

I wouldn't upgrade, I would back up your data and do a clean install of 7, x64 if you have more than 3GB's of ram.

Dump the NVidia card and stick with the Intel HD graphics.

Make sure you have the latest video driver from the Intel website.

Comment

Sorry, you must have misunderstood me.What I meant was upgrade from XP pro to windows 7.x64.Nothing else..I will dump the NVidia card and stick with the Intel HD graphics....was actually installed two weeks ago...3 GB's of ram is no problem.Have the latest video driver.Thanks for your info.Good man.
      Last edited by BERT; 11-16-2013, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Make sure motherboard supports, it some don't! I went through that before!

Comment

8855A' When I got Intel i5 3570 I also got new motherboard ASUS B75M-A installed.I was told this is the board I need for Intel i5.So far so good.Just need to get Windows 7 disc to change over from XP.Pro.Disc is in the mail and coming soon.Thanks for your info.

Comment

Working...
          X