9.1.1.0 Windows creates a 2nd desktop icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.1.1.0 Windows creates a 2nd desktop icon

Like the title says, I installed the newest Windows version (9.1.1.0) and accepted the default to create a desktop icon. There already was a desktop icon and I expected the installer to overwrite that leaving me with one icon. Instead, I had two icons. Not a big deal as both icons took me to the same place so I just deleted the extra icon.

I'm om Windows 7.

Same here using windows Vista.

Comment

In desktop of the public user(C:\Users\Public\Desktop), in the desktop of the current user?

DVDFab does not create the shortcut for all user, just for the current user before. DVDFab does not delete the old shortcut when installing DVDFab with overwrite installation.

Wilson
      Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 11-28-2013, 02:46 PM.
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

All I can say is this never happened before and now it does for overwriting.Not a problem as we just delete the extra one.

Comment

This won't be a problem for me, as I don't put icons on the desktop. The only icons there are the ones Windows XP forces me to keep. My desktop is for photos, not icons.

Comment

Working...
          X