Best Inkjet Printers to Print on Blu Ray Discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Inkjet Printers to Print on Blu Ray Discs

What's everyone's recommendation for Inkjet Printers for printing on the DVD's and BR media?

What's the best brand to look at OR what's the worst to stay away from?

Seriously thinking about buying one.

Thanks,

Kathy

kathysvideos13, I moved both threads to General Questions since they really didn't have anything to do with copying Blu-Ray discs.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't know what would be the best, but after googling best dvd/BDRom inkjet printers, here are some of the results I got.

Learn the advantages of printing directly onto a CD/DVD instead of printing a label and attaching it to the disc.

It seems that Epson is the one who makes the majority of low priced Disk printers unless you want to go with a professional disk printer which can easily cost you anywhere between $1000.00 to over $2000.00 but then again, those printers are geared to print one disk after another right off the spindle.

Then again, maybe someone else might know of some other good disk printers.

Always make sure you check out the Reviews for a given printer before you purchase it. You should be able to find any model you want on Amazon or possibly another site of your choice.

Good Luck

Comment

The main thing about printers is to check the ink prices before you buy. You can often buy a cheap printer for what the ink costs.

I have used a HP Photosmart Premium combination fax, copier, printer for several years and it prints on CD/DVD very nicely.

The ink is expensive but I've found a third party ink manufacturer that is considerably cheaper than HP's cartridges and seems to be reliable so far.

There are also printers with refillable cartridges but they don't refill mine because the printhead is built into the cartridge.

Comment

kathysvideos13,I use a Canon Pixma MG 5350 between.... $130 and $200 printer, It's the price of the inks for different printers where the problem lies."HOWEVER" there is a way around it.Thank God for e-bay.lol.Firstly my main advice to you...do NOT buy a printer where there is only one cartridge ...and has all colours in it.Reason..when you run out of one or two colours you have to replace the whole cartridge whilst all the other colours may still not be empty!!!! So get a printer with 5 or 6 cartridges in it where all colours are seperate and you only have to replace the empty ones. Ps.I buy my inks on e-bay and "NONE "genuine
          ones as there is no need for genuine
          inks they are to expensive.None genuine
          ones do the same job, just make sure you get the "correct inks" matching your printer model number.
          Last edited by BERT; 12-06-2013, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Fish View Post
            The main thing about printers is to check the ink prices before you buy. You can often buy a cheap printer for what the ink costs.

I have used a HP Photosmart Premium combination fax, copier, printer for several years and it prints on CD/DVD very nicely.

The ink is expensive but I've found a third party ink manufacturer that is considerably cheaper than HP's cartridges and seems to be reliable so far.

There are also printers with refillable cartridges but they don't refill mine because the printhead is built into the cartridge.
            Fred Fish - What is your HP Model Number?

Comment

HP c309a, this is actually my 2nd same model. The drive belt broke just a day or 2 before the warranty ran out so they replaced it with a brand new printer.

Prints photos very well and I can print DVDs that look very much like the originals.

Now that I've found a third party ink supplier I trust I have no complaints at all.

Comment

Epson Inkkjet Printers

I have used an Epson Stylus Photo R320 for a number of years very successfully. It was very reasonably priced when I bought it and I use 3rd party remanufactured ink cartridges which are very inexpensive and work fine. The R320 is long out of manufacture, but I expect a newer Epson would serve your purposes very well.

Comment

Working...
                X