Wont launch while in Remote Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wont launch while in Remote Desktop

I recently updated from 9.0.6.3 to 9.1.1.1 (and now to 9.1.1.5). I have not been able to get DvdFab to open with either of the last two versions I tried. Sometimes I can actually get the main window to come up, but the interface is frozen and I am unable to click anything, nor can I even close the program without killing the process.

My normal setup is to remote into my media center (hooked up only to the tv and a remote, no keyboard/mouse normally. Also got Windows 7 tweaked to allow for a remote login in the background, while the main user is logged in at the tv) and kick off a Dvd copy from there. I decided to try hooking up a mouse and launching the program from the computer directly, and this worked.

It looks like since the UI update, DvdFab no longer displays properly via Remote Desktop?

Yep, not even after updating to the latest graphics drivers.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
    MultiShrink
    : DVD Shrink batch processing
    Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

I'm having the same problem, so have to keep version 8 around...

Comment

Originally posted by bjm051593 View Post
        I'm having the same problem, so have to keep version 8 around...
        Are you also display through the screen in remote desktop? are you also connect to computer from TV?
        Last edited by Dora; 12-27-2013, 11:18 AM.
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Yes, I'm using remote desktop for ripping and then I also have a display connected. I just tried again on 9.1.1.9 and have similar behavior.

DVDFab will launch and show a white window that I can't interact with... Must be the splash screen. If I close that window using the taskbar, then the DVDFab window will load, but I can't interact with all of it, for example, I can't view advanced settings.

Comment

Originally posted by bjm051593 View Post
            Yes, I'm using remote desktop for ripping and then I also have a display connected. I just tried again on 9.1.1.9 and have similar behavior.

DVDFab will launch and show a white window that I can't interact with... Must be the splash screen. If I close that window using the taskbar, then the DVDFab window will load, but I can't interact with all of it, for example, I can't view advanced settings.
            This is exactly the same behavior I am seeing, also even with the last version out. Even after the GUI comes up, I am unable to click anything in the window or even close it from the GUI.

I have my TV plugged into the computer directly and if I attach a keyboard/mouse I am able to launch the program and rip properly. Something about how the new GUI is displayed and events are received is not compatible with how Remote Desktop runs.

Is this bug on anyones radar? Having to dig out the mouse/keyboard, minimize the media center is a real PITA.

Comment

Remote Desktop is not a supported environment of Fab so don't hold your breath waiting for a fix.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

My MCE is hooked up to a PJ, so having to log in locally is more than a pain, given the price of bulbs...

That's why I still run 8.x...

Comment

I too use remote desktop. v9 always complains about the graphics driver, the rendering is totally broken and the application usually crashes, about 9 times out of 10. v8 and before all worked fine.

This usage model should be considered and put into the test matrix.

Comment

Originally posted by f90278 View Post
                    I too use remote desktop. v9 always complains about the graphics driver, the rendering is totally broken and the application usually crashes, about 9 times out of 10. v8 and before all worked fine.

This usage model should be considered and put into the test matrix.
                    What's you remote running environment?
                    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
                      What's you remote running environment?
                      I'm running DVDFab on a 32-bit Win 7 ultimate environment, then remoting in with the standard Microsoft Remote Desktop Client.

Comment

I have the exact same issue-no spash screen until you right click on icon on taskbar, then DVD Fab screen shows-but it is frozen. Totally unresponsive. Must kill via taskmanager. My DVDFAB 8QT works fine. This is a Win7 Home Premium system.

Thanks!

PS: I do not use RDP to connect, I actually set at the screen.

Comment

DVDFab is not recognizing newly mounted disks when accessed remotely

My description also:

- Put BluRay disc in drive E (my Blu-Ray) of my PC1
                          - Go to laptop which is using Remote Desktop Connection to access PC1
                          - Start DVDFab, and drive E is not seen by DVDFab as having a disk
                          - When I physically go to PC1 and start DVDFab, it recognizes the disk in drive E; I can then return to the laptop and use RDC to operate DVDFab

- Also, if I use RDC and mount an .iso to DVDFab Virtual Drive (drive H) and start DVDFab through the laptop remote connection, same issue--drive H is not recognized by DVDFab as having a new (virtual) disk mounted

- Windows explorer does see the discs in drives E & H. I can easily access the disc folders remotely using Windows Explorer

PC1 is a Windows 8 64-bit machine
                          Laptop is a Windows 8 32-bit machine
                          Access is via Windows standard Remote Desktop Connection
                          Last edited by hugin; 04-27-2014, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X