Best Inkjet Printable Media -Glossy Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Media Best Inkjet Printable Media -Glossy Look

After reading a ton of reviews from different sites and boards, I'm going with an Epson CD/DVD Inkjet Printer.

Now on to the media.

I want to buy White Inkjet Printable Discs with a Glossy look.

Those of you that still print on your media.

Any recommendations for me?

Thanks,

Kathy

Your best bet will be to buy some sample packs of different brands and check the media codes to see who the manufacturers are.

The brand name and the manufacturer name is usually different, but you'll be wanting to look for disks manufactured by Taiyo Yuden.

As I mentioned in the other thread, you'll want to use a program which can read the media codes.

What's important is that the dye layer keeps it's integrity and does not chemically break down thereby causes corrupted sectors while a recorded disk is sitting somewhere on a shelf for the next few months or years.

Comment

If you copy, say... a picture to a glossy photo paper you will get a glossy picture.Use a none glossy paper and you will get a none gloss picture.White Inkjet Printable Discs with a glossy look I have never seen...any brand.They are all flat none gloss.The quality of the pic on the disc will be determined by the quality of the ink and not so much by the printer itself.
      Last edited by BERT; 12-08-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I have had good luck with the Phillips and the titan from meritline.com I also have used the Memorex from Office Depot the Memorex has a glossier finish than the other 2

Comment

I was wondering the same thing myself. Never used Printable media before. I picked up a Canon PIXMA MG6320 for $49.99. It was free shipping and tax free. It's currently $69.99.

For years I've been sticking with these Verbatim DVD+R media. $100 packs that I usually can find from $20 to $25. Use to find them at Office Depot or Office Max on sale for $16.99 to $24.99 range from time to time. I'd either get that or the 50 pack ones where the packaging looks the same except it's a 50 pack and would normally find those on sale for like around $12.99 from what I remember. But from what I've noticed stores stopped carry them and only carry the Verbatim DVD+R Life series which I heard weren't good. Seem to only see those in stock in stores and on sale from time to time. Ironically the older/better ones are cheaper right now. The ones I use to use looked different.

I heard that they are the exact same ones though that they just changed the packaging. And from what I remember they did have the same model number when I had looked into it. But that was years ago when they alleged changed the packaging on them. Also the look of the discs changed too from what I remember. But now that got the printer above. Been wanting to try and/or possibly switch to using Printable Media but not sure which ones to go for. I'm scared to switch because the ones I normally use have been very reliable. Been eyeing these. Sticking with Verbatim DVD+R. The first 2 mainly because of the packaging looks like the ones I normally use that aren't printable. And the bottom one mainly because of price. But seems generic with just a label thrown on it and not packaged. I've heard and keep seeing people recommend Taiyo Yuden but they too pricey I think. Would like to find some that aren't too hard to find and sticking with the price range that I've normally been buying for years. So like under $30 for 100.

Verbatim 95145 4.7 GB up to16x White Inkjet Printable Recordable Disc DVD+R (100 Disc Spindle)

Verbatim 95136 4.7 GB up to 16x White Inkjet Printable Recordable Disc DVD+R, 50-Disc Spindle

Verbatim DVD+R 4.7GB 8X DataLifePlus Inkjet Printable, Hub Printable 50pk Spindle (White)

Old Packaging Verbatim 95078

Comment

You don't need to buy Taiyo Yuden branded disks cause as you say, they are more expensive.

But what I have been recommending is buying disks manufactured by Taiyo Yuden.

There is a big difference between the two as the first one you are paying for both the name and the quality, where as the second one you are just paying just for the Taiyo Yuden Quality without paying for the brand name.

Cause as I've said previously, other companies purchase the disks from the companies who manufacture the disks, then they label them with their own brand name.

So if you use IMGBurn or some other program which is capable of reading the media codes on the disks, you can find out who the manufacturer is of the disks you purchased.

For all you know, those Verbatim disks might possibly be manufactured by Taiyo Yuden
            I don't have any of these on hand, so I can't check the media code, but you could.

Matter of fact, maybe we could possibly get a thread started which would contain a list of DVD and Blue-Ray Disks along with the Brands, Manufacturers, Dye Types, Speed Rating, Media Codes, package UPC Codes and any other pertinent information ???
            Last edited by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎; 12-27-2013, 03:48 PM. Reason: To add more info.

Comment

Working...
            X