Task Queue Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Task Queue Configuration

Version 9.1.1.1 had an option under "Common Settings" | General called Task Queue that allowed configuration of separate or common usage of the task queue. In version 9.1.1.5 it is gone. I can't find it anywhere. Is this no longer an option, removed in error or am I just not looking in the right place?

It's very useful to set up 2,3 or more Blu-Ray rips plus copy a Blu-ray disk to happen while you're at work at after you go to bed so it's working while the computer is normally idle, however, If ripping and copying are in separate queues, this has to be done one at a time.

Try to use the multiple instances of dvdfab instead.

When you check it and restart dvdfab, it will be activated.
    I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
    Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Edison View Post
      Try to use the multiple instances of dvdfab instead.

When you check it and restart dvdfab, it will be activated.
      It doesn't work, particularly on the most common case. If you place a Blu-ray in one drive and want to copy the disk and rip a compressed copy (MP4), the two instances cannot use the disk at the same time. While in the former configuration those events would happen sequentially, using two instances makes them happen concurrently and either they both error out because the device is locked or one errors out and quits and then only one processes and the other never occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by 1611kjb View Post
        Version 9.1.1.1 had an option under "Common Settings" | General called Task Queue that allowed configuration of separate or common usage of the task queue. In version 9.1.1.5 it is gone.
        It's missing in the latest 9.1.1.9 as well. I for one would like to see it put back as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripin View Post
          It's missing in the latest 9.1.1.9 as well. I for one would like to see it put back as well.
          There is a option in common settins->General -> "Allow running mutiple instances of DVDfab".
          When the options be checked, you can start many fab, one for copy , one for ripper, one for converter, one for creator. haha.
          The primary advantage of this approach is that the task is running , you can also edit and start new jobs. Thanks for your support.
          User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
          For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
            There is a option in common settins->General -> "Allow running mutiple instances of DVDfab".
            When the options be checked, you can start many fab, one for copy , one for ripper, one for converter, one for creator. haha.
            The primary advantage of this approach is that the task is running , you can also edit and start new jobs. Thanks for your support.
            I believe this misses the mark of the original poster's intent. The beauty of being able to set up multiple items in the queue is that you could, for example, set DVDFab up to rip a disc and then copy it (on a multiple drive machine) without having to tend to it. Instead of creating "workarounds" and detailing why multiple instances of DVDFab is desirable, how about just returning the functionality of what DVDFab once had?

Comment

Totally agree with FRED_S. I like and use multiple actions on the task queue. Although v9.1.3.1 did not have the option to set the TQ it actually stacked tasks for me. However v9.1.3.3 does not have the TQ setting and has not carried thru my preference!

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
                Launching another instance of DVD Fab also scans the disc drives and causes contention of processes running. You should hear the my drive grind when doing so. Also, another point, why delete a feature that was obviously useful? HAHA!

Comment

Working...
                X