Did I buy the wrong thing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key Did I buy the wrong thing??

Last year I bought a WD Live TV player. I downloaded DVDFab and (free trial) and copied/ripped my entire DVD & Blu Ray library onto an external hard drive. All of them are in MKV format now.

I recently purchased a bunch more DVD & Blu rays and now want to copy/rip them. I downloaded DVDFab again (replaced my hard drive since last year and have to re-load software) and bought the Blu Ray Copy software.

I've copied my Blu Rays but I also have some DVDs. Stupid me, I thought buying the Blu Ray copy would mean it did BOTH (blu ray and regular). Am I wrong? Did I need to buy both??

In addition to that, I think I've completely messed up because when I have copied my Blu Ray disks I copied them as an ISO file and then planned to convert to MKV using Handbrake. But Handbrake doesn't recognize them.

Have I completely screwed up and bought the wrong thing? Should I have bought the Blu Ray RIP (rather than copy) plus the DVD RIP?

Blu-ay Copy and DVD Copy is used for backup.

If you want to convert your source to MKV, you need to buy Blu-ray ripper and dvd ripper.

Add your source, then select your profile as mkv. Why not have a try.

More discounts on Christmas, please view http://www.dvdfab.com/promotion.htm
    I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
    Edison

Comment

Hi gardengirlbc
      If you want to have them all in MKV format, your correct, you should have got the ripper option in both of them.

Maybe you can contact Mona here mona@dvdfab.com and explain your problem she may be able to help.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
      X