This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade issue - 6.2.0.5 to 6.2.1.8

I recently came across an add from Digital River for DVDFab and took the plunge. They claim to be an official reseller of DVDFab and I could not find any warnings about them on-line so I ordered a DVDFab bundle from them.

Everything was fine until I tried to upgrade to the newest version. Now my program states me as a "trial" user and my registration has expired. I am working with them to try to resolve the situation but I have 2 questions for the forum.

1 - Are these guys legit?
    2 - Any thoughts on getting the newer upgrade to be recognized?

That's extremely unfortunate.
    The only authorized vendor for Fab is Avangate and Fab can only be purchased on DVDFab.com (which links to)---> DVDFab.net.

All others are scams.

I just took a look at Digital River and Platinum and Gold were discontinued and have not been supported for years.
    There are no authorized resellers
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Maineman is right. The scammer is using Digital River, which is a payment processor only I believe, to gain a sense of legitimacy and to shield themselves from scammed victims such as yourself.

[Edit] You should report the fraud to your State's AG and file a complaint to the:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)

This is not much to ease your loss but at least it's another report to help stopping this scammer.[/Edit]
      Last edited by tli; 01-03-2010, 02:33 PM. Reason: Report the Scam

Comment

Roger that. Who ever it is must be monitoring this forum. All communications have suspiciously ended.

thanks - and here I was thinking I was somewhat computer savvy!

Comment

Report the Scam Even if You're Not a US Residence

@Jeff, we're all vulnerable nowadays... just got to be extra vigilant, and as the old adage goes "If it seems too good to be true, then ..."

FYI to DVDFab Forum readers and members that are not in the U.S., you can, and should, still file a report to the above IC3 site if you've been victimized by this scammer. Your report will be valid and addressed accordingly because some of the involved parties are located in the U.S. (i.e., Digital River and GoDaddy.com are considered accomplices--knowing participants or not) even though the actual scammer (the operator of DVDFab6.com) may or may not be in the U.S.

Comment

DVDFab6 server seems to be located in the US...

174.120.129.189USUNITED STATESTEXASDALLASTHEPLANET.COM INTERNET SERVICES INC
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I saw that GregiBoy. He also happens to live in Austin, TX - same as me!

Comment

Well, go around and break their legs !!!
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                X