This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add .JPG's to the dvd

I have all my .vob's ready to burn, but I thought it would be neat to scan the dvd artwork as a jpg and include it on the disc. How can I add this jpg to the dvd along with the movie?

Scan your DVD Make it as low res as possible and to still look good at printed size. Put the jpg in the Main folder (not the video_ts or audio_ts folders). You should subtract the size of the jpg from 4300 if you are burning to DVD5 to allow for the DVD.Jpg though.

Make sure you check the box "copy non DVD files" in the full disk option. Not really sure about this but I do it anyway to save my dvdid.xml file on the DVD.

DVD_Video (Main Folder)
    VIDEO_TS
    AUDIO_TS
    DVD.JPG
    Last edited by Karloff; 01-03-2010, 05:37 PM. Reason: to show the main folder

Comment

Originally posted by Karloff View Post
      Scan your DVD Make it as low res as possible and to still look good at printed size. Put the jpg in the Main folder (not the video_ts or audio_ts folders). You should subtract the size of the jpg from 4300 if you are burning to DVD5 to allow for the DVD.Jpg though.

Make sure you check the box "copy non DVD files" in the full disk option. Not really sure about this but I do it anyway to save my dvdid.xml file on the DVD.

DVD_Video (Main Folder)
      VIDEO_TS
      AUDIO_TS
      DVD.JPG
      Thanks for the quick reply, I am trying this right now.

Comment

I actually have multiple jpg's and total comes up to 4766kb, does this mean I want to set DVD-5 size to 4295 instead of 4300?
        The main folder has only the DVD.Jpg files and a VIDEO_TS.

Comment

Make sure you check the box "copy non DVD files" in the full disk option

Where do I find this?

Comment

Oh, that would be if I copy from dvd to dvd. I will be using the "write data" since the video folder is on my hard drive.

Comment

I always write folder to hard drive first. "Full Disk" from DVD to Target Hard drive location.

Once finished copy your jpg (you already have the folders)

Now use Full Disk option but instead of source of DVD you use source of your Folder and your taget is DVD writer.

Now you can check the option.

Another way you can save this is to burn it using imgBurn or Nero but the above method works for me.
              Last edited by Karloff; 01-03-2010, 06:23 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Also, if your total space is at or below 4300 then you should have 100% as quality using DVD5. This should allow Full Disc option to bypass the transcoding and go right to writing to the Disc.

If the space of the JPG would put you over then using the Full Disc option would then compress everyting enough to make it fit (this should no be much).

Comment

Originally posted by guppy View Post
                  I actually have multiple jpg's and total comes up to 4766kb, does this mean I want to set DVD-5 size to 4295 instead of 4300?
                  The main folder has only the DVD.Jpg files and a VIDEO_TS.
                  You subtract the total of the ROM features (your .jpgs) from a total no larger than 4450 mb (4,557,xxx kb approx). That's what I use to be safe and stay away from the edge on the DVD.
                  AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Ok, I am doing it again with CarlOff method. I notice that it shows 4399kb, then I check "Copy non-dvd files" and it changes to 4404kb.

In my settings the default has always been set to 4300, but there is another setting for 4472. Whats up with that, will my disc hold 4472, if so why aren't we using it?

Comment

Because that writes close to the edge of the disk and that is where most problems occur.

You are welcome to try it but if there are problems, revert to the 4300
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                      X