cannot upgrade Firmware,Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optical Drives cannot upgrade Firmware,Help

One of my burners is LG BH12NS30.No problems at all.Just "like" to upgrade firmware from 1.00 to 1.02. Have downloaded the firmware,opened folder and in that small window where it says click on to new firmware it also says on top ..can't find target drive!!??so I can't click on..Anybody help? thanks
    Last edited by BERT; 01-01-2014, 11:05 PM.

Where did you download it from? try here and redownload maybe didn't download correctly.
    Last edited by glenns; 01-02-2014, 12:00 AM.

Comment

glenns,that's where I downloaded it from.And I have tried this already 10+times.Always get the same result.When I downloaded firmware for my other burner from the same webside I had no problems.Go figure????

Comment

Try the drives web sight.

Comment

LG websites.Have tried them too.Weak as S......No help there.Lucky burner works fine........so far!! Just wanted to upgrade fw.that's all.Thanks for taking interest in my situation Happy New Year

Comment

Sometimes updating the firmware can be problematic with some drives.

A few things that can help in such situations....

1 - Always use the Administrators Account when doing any updates (this includes firmware)

2 - In some instances, you might need to run the updater from a Command Prompt (DOS Window)

3 - Some Firmware updates require that you disconnect "Other" Optical Drives when performing a Firmware update for the drive.

4 - I personally like to make sure the system is completely clean before attempting any such updates. Malwarebytes Anit-Malware is an excellent program and well worth paying for the Pro Features.

5 - Disconnect your system from your network (This is Temporary) This is a safety item because of #6

6 - Disable your Anti-Virus (This is Temporary) Re-enable after update, then reconnect to network.

7 - Worse case scenario, Google information and pay close attention to the actual links which is the green address directly under the link itself so as to hopefully not be clicking on any malicious links.

Generally speaking, firmware updates are issued to fix problems or to introduce new features or just to provide better stability with one or more of the processes. Sometimes the update might just be trivial. So you might want to check the manufactures website and see if there is a Change Log posted for the firmware or at the very least, if they list what changes were made in the firmware.

Comment

Thanks for that.I have Malwarebytes Pro.and used it.Fell for malicious links as well but got luckily out of them on time.I used this website http://www.firmwarehq.com/download for upgrades.Upraded firmware for one burner LG BH14NS40 perfect,but the other one for LG BH12NS30 cant find the location of this burner.Now that is strange Using Command Prompt is a bit to scary for me..I am a carpenterbut I will get someone who is into computers...The burner works fine,so I'm not stressed out that I can't upgrade this firmware. LG website was no help either.

Comment

FirmwareHQ.com is an excellent site which I usually recommend to others.

Good Luck with your system

Comment

Thanks for your help.Happy New Year to you.

Comment

Hi BERT
                    Try this to see if you have the same results

CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

thanks for that...But I got the same result...Can't find target.... In my folder...before I click to open... the icon says BH12NS30-1.02 DriverUpdate MFC and then it follows by 5 little squares!!!!! I think that icon is not complete and there should be some numbers where those squares are. I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X