Core2Quad 9550 to i7-950

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Core2Quad 9550 to i7-950

Has anyone real world experience with Core2Quad 9550 then upgraded to i7-950( or similiar ) & experienced improvements with DVDFab Blu-ray Copy?

I always use Full Scan & Slow Burn with DVDFab Blu-ray Copy.

My Socket 1366 w/ i7-950 is working well. But I'd like to improve my Socket 775 w/ e8400 Core 2 Duo Build to Core2Quad for a DVDFab Blu-ray Copy back-up PC.

Please realize that I'm trying to get an idea of how the Intel 9550 will perform or lag. If the 9550 can complete a 50gb copy from start to finish in under 2 hours I might buy a 9550.

I would save your money and upgrade to something with Quick Sync.

This will obviously involve a motherboard swap too.

Comment

Your going to have to give more details you say you want rip and burn time but you don't give a real disk to compare as each movie can be say 30 gigs to 48 gigs avg. hard drive runs at 7200rpms.My drive is defagged everyday and junk files deleted,Registry cleaned daily also to keep read and write time up.

Also you don't say if your ripping to full disk that's faster ripping than a iso.

Most people don't use full scan and slow burn you need to let us know what speed your burning at and what burn engine you have selected in fab.

On top of this there's hi speed hard drives,high speed memory and version of Fab your using that's not given.

I don't think your going to get a answer as their are to many things to consider.Maybe you can rephrase the question.

If this helps you I have a I7 3770 3.5 giz 1155 ivy bridge processor 4 cores fab see's it as 8 cores.I have high speed memory pc1700 3133hz 8 gigs.I used version 9 current version.I use quick sync for conversions used with Fabs lightning shrink.

I can rip a 44 gig normal blu ray using full disk using the regular scan speed in 34 mins. to ISO in another 4-5 mins the burn using Fab set at recommenced speed using good media I use Digistor blanks made by TDK about 20 mins these are 6x disks but can be burned at 10x so says img burn.I let Fab decide by burning at recommended speed so it goes slow where it's important and speeds up when it feels it's ok and never have a problem.54-59 mins. total time.This is a no compression straight rip.

Now if you were to do a blu ray from disk and compress from disk you can use lightning shrink with quick sync and do a 25 gig compression from disk in about the same time including the burn.

Please look at the lightning shrink details and test results linked to Fabs front page when clicking on lightning shrink page and you will see the tests and results plus the conditions and processors used and it's limits.Hope this is some help to you.
      Last edited by glenns; 01-03-2014, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
        I would save your money and upgrade to something with Quick Sync.

This will obviously involve a motherboard swap too.
        I'm aware of your mentioned & it doesn't answer my question.

Comment

imagine

I'm placing, u a pick a title, into PC to copy + burn to BD-R

Comment

The whole point was your better off spending your money on something that will give you a huge boost, rather then a small boost.

Comment

Solved

I picked up the 9550 last night for $100. It is going into a PC with a 775 socket of my earlier builds. Current 775 build , Windows 7 64bit, e8400, 6gb memory, Intel 330 180gb SSD, LG Blu-writer, GPU 460gtx, & a HX650 PSU. Now called 9550 Build.

Thanks for the intended helpful advice. Everything mentioned is already known by me. Maybe someday I'll do a state of art PC component Build. For now my i7-950 Build fills my needs.

Thanks again for the intended helpful advice.

non-gamer, non-benchmarker/overclocker but a DVDFab Blu-ray member

Comment

Working...
              X