Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Blu Ray 8k

With 8k TV's, etc that will be coming in the future,

Will Blu Ray have to increase it's storage Capicity ???

Will Blu Ray 8k, be called something else ???

Seriously? 4K is barely on the shelf now...

Never mind 8K, what about when 16K video arrives...

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
      Seriously? 4K is barely on the shelf now...

Never mind 8K, what about when 16K video arrives...

Las Vegas at their Electronic Show had a 8k Television.

I know that the Infrasructure has to be there until the Public can get it.

I think the Driving force behind 8k Television would be Glassless 3D in Video Games.

Plus the Compression side of H.265.

I expect to see Programs coming out this year using H.265.

Comment

I tell you what!!

I WILL NOT be buying a 4K or 8K screen. I'll be dead before they make major inroads and the same for H265.

What a lot of codswallop!!! BFBM Syndrome and marketing ploys...
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          I tell you what!!

I WILL NOT be buying a 4K or 8K screen. I'll be dead before they make major inroads and the same for H265.

What a lot of codswallop!!! BFBM Syndrome and marketing ploys...
          Hello Gregiboy,

Have You bought Your Casket, you may be needing it sooner than You think.

I tried a Compression program which has a HEVC Plugin, and the results look good.

There will be more out there, which will give the opportunity for testing etc.

RIPD, Gregiboy.

Comment

What came first the chicken or the egg?>Sony has a 4k streaming channel that only works with Sony 4k tv's you can rent or buy content now but you will need high speed bandwidth at least 50mps to stream it so that's going to cost you extra also.

Trouble though 4k won't be any better than 1080P at normal viewing distances so why bother? Better read up on the white paper's on 4k before you go out and get one.Very few out now will do native 4k anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
              What came first the chicken or the egg?>Sony has a 4k streaming channel that only works with Sony 4k tv's you can rent or buy content now but you will need high speed bandwidth at least 50mps to stream it so that's going to cost you extra also.

Trouble though 4k won't be any better than 1080P at normal viewing distances so why bother? Better read up on the white paper's on 4k before you go out and get one.Very few out now will do native 4k anyway.
              Well in this sense, the Egg is the compression side,
              the chicken is the 8k.

The compression side will come first, which will fuel the Infrastucture.

The Problem with 8k Television, people are just getting used to 1080p.

Comment

Working...
              X