This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab: Layer Breaks & Chapters

I guess that I should know this but I guess I really didn't care before. But are Layer Breaks always start and end on a chapter? ( Logically I think that the answer is yes but I need verification).

I am referring to Layer breaks on the original DVD from the store. I have been having a sync issue with one DVD I have and I believe that it is being caused by the layer break (DVD to Mobile).

I feel that if I convert the file into two AVI's I could get rid of the sync problem. If I cannot then it would be easier to fix the problem because the avi is not out of sync until I get halfway (layer break).

I thought at first I would put this in the DVD - Mobile area but this is just a general question about the layer break and chapter location.

Did a little more investigating on this subject and I guess if a DVD did not have a lot of chapters then it would be possible that the "Cell" would be split. If you had one huge movie without any chapters then it would be one "cell" and imgburn would not be able to find a place for the layer break (but it would suggest a place for the split). I could then use another type of software such as Vob***** to split the "Cell". Then this would be a split without using Chapters

I don't know what the "common practice" is for doing this by the Studio's, but I would hope that it would be by chapter.

Comment

Working...
    X