Spotty audio during playback with Windows Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotty audio during playback with Windows Media Player

I have been ripping BluRay movies to MP4 format and using a device that uses Windows Media Player to play back the movie. I have noticed that with some BluRay movies that have "EN DTS-HD Master/5.1" audio, my player produces blank audio every 30 seconds to one minute during the entire movie. I have been told that my playback device may not be able to play HD audio, but I cannot determine how to adjust the audio for the MP4 conversion so that the spotty silence does not occur. Is there some way I can ensure that my audio is converted properly for playback?

I have played with most of the audio setting and seem to get the same results. I was able to correct the problem by converting the movie to AVI format, but I prefer the resolution of MP4 better. Also, is there some way of determining if this problem will occur earlier than having to wait 7 hours for the movie to complete and then trying to do the playback?

I have been using the movie Easy A as a test since I can consistently get it to produce an MP4 with the spotty audio.

Thanks.

You can do one or two chapters as a test rather than the whole movie. And what is your playback device?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I am using a Control4 Media Server which I believe uses Windows Media Player as its playback software. However, I cannot confirm that. According to the documentation (https://dealer.control4.com/Images/D...67873399bd.pdf), it also has the ability to playback other formats such as AVI, DivX, Xvid, MOV, WMV, VOB/IFO, WMV, ISO, MPG, MP4, M4V. I have been able to successfully rip BluRay movies to AVI with no audio dropout, but I understand that AVI is an inferior format compared to MP4 from a high quality video/audio conversion perspective. Is there another format that I should try if I cannot get MP4 to work properly for my needs?

Comment

AVI is only a container.

Before the wholesale adoption of thr MKV container (it looks like your hardware cannot use MKV), I used XVid AVI's to great success with 1100 bitrate and audio passthrough unable to be picked from the original DVD's.

Play around with it and see what YOU are happy with.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I will give that a try and let you know what my results are. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X