New to DVD Burning - Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to DVD Burning - Need Advice

I am just trying to learn about copying movies onto blank DVDs. I have seen a lot of people say DVDFab is the best and easiest to use. I have ripped several DVDs with DVD Shrink and used the DVDFab Copy (trial version) to burn the movies onto blank DVDs. I ran across a movie that DVDShrink does not recognize, so I tried to rip it with DVDFab Ripper. When it gets to the end, prior to ejecting and asking for a blank DVD, I get the BSOD and my laptop reboots. I have seen a lot of posts on this forum about similar problems.

So with that said, I want to purchase the DVDFab Copy and Ripper but I want to be sure it will give me what I am looking for. It looks to me like if I have the registered version that someone will be able to help me fix the problem with Ripper. Am I correct on this? Also if I get the Copy and Ripper, I should not need DVDShrink, correct?

I would appreciate any advice to help me make a decision.

Thanks!
    Dan

You are totally correct.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

What do you need the ripper for? You should be able to use the free dvdfabhddecryptor program. Rip the dvd's as full DVD9 files. They will be in VIDEO_TS format. Use the free program IMGBURN burn to put the rips onto dual-layer blank discs.

You don't need dvdshrink anymore. As far as your BSOD issues, that's another issue altogether.

I have screen shots if you need help with IMGburn.

Comment

EDIT,

forgot that dvdfabhddecryptor is now bundled with the entire program.
        just select "copy" if the trial is over and the source is a DVD it will be HD decrypter.

Comment

Originally posted by eightysix View Post
          EDIT,

forgot that dvdfabhddecryptor is now bundled with the entire program.
          just select "copy" if the trial is over and the source is a DVD it will be HD decrypter.

just a reminder that the free version may not work on new release movies.

Comment

BSOD

Originally posted by DanSally View Post
            I get the BSOD and my laptop reboots. I have seen a lot of posts on this forum about similar problems.
            Dan
            We will check this problem as soon as possible.

Comment

Hey Lixichen,

You may also want to look at my post titled "DVDFAB BSOD" that I posted on 2-28 at 6:51. You can see all the advice that I tried.

Thanks!
              Dan

Comment

Working...
              X