This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stream from server through ps3 to LCD

Okay i am setting up a home media server on an old computer. I have a 1000mbps wired connection from the server down to the ps3. I am using nero home media on the server and have the proper directories shared. I run nero on my server and do a search on the ps3, through find media servers, and see the directory for audio files and all of my music shows up. I can select and play them through the ps3 on to my TV system. When i look, on the ps3, for video files I can see the file structure and go through and select it but can not see "my only video file". I used DVD fab to convert IJ Last Crusade from a DVD to Mobile PS3 profile. I can open the file and play it on my server, it is in the right shared directory........ but still can not see the actual video file. When I select videos then all movies on the ps3 it basically comes back and says "there are no tracks".

Maybe the ps3 can not stream this type of file, is the reason it does not even show on the ps3 list, but is there on the server??????

Anyway any help would be great as I am already mostly bald and ready to pull out the rest. If I'm in the wrong forum please move or politely tell me to go away. Thanks ahead of time and have a safe New Year.

If I remember Nero server, you must index each folder in order to stream it. Did you index the folder on the computer that has your movie in it?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hmmmm index through xp desktop or through nero??? Through xp yes indexing is allowed.

Comment

Through the Nero server application. I can't remember the details off the top of my head, but you should see it. If not I have Nero and can check it out.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Twonky server is a far better option than Nero. I regard Nero as a POS DLNA Server.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Twonky server is a far better option than Nero. I regard Nero as a POS DLNA Server.
            I second that motion, I have both and there is no comparison.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay, DLed Twonky and will install it tonight and give it a try. Was wondering if maybe I am missing the process here..... I am backing up a DVD to the PS3 format.... Or should I just backing up the DVD to DVD and allow Twonky to transcode it for the correct format??? Or am I over thinking this too much? I have DLed Twonky media manager and have the ripped file for the PS3 on my laptop and tried to view it and Twonky just says buffering.......

Comment

Never, never transcode. Have the files in NATIVE format.

First though, find a format that will play to your satisfaction with respect to quality, etc DIRECTLY on the PS3 without streaming.

I suggest that you try the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy profile @ 1100 bitrate as a start point.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Got it going, Twonky did the trick. Thanks a lot for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X