No announcement yet.

Verbatim dvd5 lifestyle series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Media Verbatim dvd5 lifestyle series.

My wife, love her, bought me 100 Verbatim Lifestyle DVDs +R for valentines day.
    She had heard me talking to someone about the best DVDs to buy and got these on sale for $20.00. I usually buy the AZO series per your recommendation. Are these OK to use. I don't see AZO anywhere on the package.

Never know what they might be? If you have ImgBurn click on discovery and check the MID that will tell you who made them. Verbatim farms out some lower end blanks to other manufacturers.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

This is what you are looking for:
      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

The store may not take them back if you open them if they don't say AZO their not.

Comment

Verbatim Lifestyle Series Single Layer DVD

Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00

What is interesting is that other then the name, different id and no AZO on the label, they have the exact same information on the label as the AZO DVDs.
          I will make a copy of a few movies that my grand kids love to watch and send them over to their house. They will play them over and over and I'll see if they stand up to the abuse as well as the AZO DVDs.

Will let you know of the outcome in a month or so.
          TED

THANKS for the advice and information you have given me. I really appreciate the input.

Comment

That is the ID for CMC Magnetics who manufactures blank media for many different brands. They'll probably burn ok but will they last? I learned my lesson by burning some cheap brand discs years ago that wouldn't play after a time. Longevity is the issue with CMC blanks. Stay with Verbatim with AZO or Tayio Yuden.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X