This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 6

I have been using DVDFab products for quite some time now without any problems but just lately have had difficulties as under:-
    I have been recording DVDs from my DVD Recorder using DVD-R discs but whilst DVD6 copies them, when I try to burn them onto exactly the same make of DVD-R, I get the following message " Access Violation" 062452D6 in module "vso_hwe.dll" Read of address 00000000.
    However when I try to burn the copies on to DVD+R discs, I am successfull.
    I would mention that when I open DVDFab, the target shown is D:\[Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540a 102C [ide]]. Does this have anything to do with my unsuccessful efforts?

In the past I have had no trouble in Burning DVD-R discs to DVD-R &/or DVD+R discs.

I am not very computer literate but if any one can help, I would be most grateful.

David Shoreman

Verfication please,

Are you trying to copy a DVd that you had previously copied using DVDFab? Or is it an original?

Also, please post your dvdfab_burn_vso.log file located in mydocuments\dvdfab\log.

What types of DVDs (Verbatim?)

Thanks
    Last edited by Karloff; 01-05-2010, 04:49 PM.

Comment

The DVD-Rs were purchased from Tesco and I use them to record programmes, films etc through my DVD Recorder which recognises all formats.

You mention posting my log to you from My Documents but is massive and being very very new to computing, how do I post it to you?

David S

Comment

Looking for the type of DVD -R media (not where you bought them) Are they Verbatim, Memorex, etc.

As far as the log files you can just cut and paste the portion of the log (you can tell by the time and date) to a separate text file.

Then you can add that as an attachment to your post. Make sure you use the Advanced button when you post. Scroll down and you will see a button that reads "Manage Attachments". Press that and another box will popup allowing you to browse to the file.

Also, Are you trying to copy a copy or from an original? I am confused because why wouldn't you try to copy from the original?

Comment

Apparently the Drive was defective and has been replaced by Dell.

Thanks for your input

David S

Comment

I am glad you have resolved your problems.

Comment

Working...
            X