WDTV Live MP and Cinavia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other WDTV Live MP and Cinavia?

Is it possible for the WDTV Live Media Player unit to be infected with Cinavia? I thought it was only BD or DVD players and they had to have certain hardware installed. An acquaintance says that an MP4 rip of the first Harry Potter movie being played back (streamed) on his WDTV blanked the audio after about 20 mins and now won't play at all. This sounds like Cinavia but I'll get details such as serial number and model type etc and post later but in the meantime I wonder if anyone can answer my question re Cinavia infection on the WDTV unit? Thanks

I guess anything is possible... The last time I updated my firmware was about 2 months ago. No signs of cinavia at that point.
    Let us know what you find.
    Maybe make sure he deletes the pointer file (not sure the technical name) that the WD makes when you 'stop' a movie. (As to allow you to resume where you left off.) Maybe getting rid of that file will allow him to replay the movie?
    Have him try ripping another cinavia movie or re-rip his harry potter to start testing.

I don't even see the first harry potter film on the Cinavia list.
    http://blog.dvdfab.com/cinavia-protection.html
    I have the last one duplicated onto disc and there is no cinavia on that one.

I think there might be something else going on. (not sure what.. but this doesn't sound like cinavia to me)

Comment

No, not everything is possible and it's definitely not Cinavia that's causing any problems for Harry Potter, probbly a bad rip, who knows? The fact is, the WDTV doesn't need a BDA license and therefore won't ever support Cinavia.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
      MultiShrink
      : DVD Shrink batch processing
      Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

WDTV Cinavia

Thanks for the responses and that's pretty much my thinking as well - To prove it I've asked him to run his MKV rip of 'The Social Network' which I know for certain has Cinavia ---

Comment

Working...
        X