This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I verify the DVD? (Solved)

I have DVDfab 6, and it burns the movies, but it won't verify the disk. The movis will play on the dvd player built in to the tv after it searches for about five minutes, but I would really like to be able to play them on all players. I use Verbatim dvd-r. So how do I get it to verify the disk? Everytime when it is supposed to be verifing it says process failed. When I try to play the disk on my computer, it doesn't read there either. I burn on the slowest speed, so I don't think that's the problem. Please help.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 01-05-2010, 10:44 PM.

Hello,

Press the Green check mark button on the title bar for DVDFab. In the DVD / Blu-ray section highlight Write. You will see check boxes near the bottom of the screen. Check the box marked verify disc after finished burning.

Some more information about your system and type of DVD drives would help as well.
    Last edited by Karloff; 01-05-2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laurasautographs View Post
      I have DVDfab 6, and it burns the movies, but it won't verify the disk. The movis will play on the dvd player built in to the tv after it searches for about five minutes, but I would really like to be able to play them on all players. I use Verbatim dvd-r. So how do I get it to verify the disk? Everytime when it is supposed to be verifing it says process failed. When I try to play the disk on my computer, it doesn't read there either. I burn on the slowest speed, so I don't think that's the problem. Please help.
      You need to burn at what the Blank media is rated for, burning too SLOW could be a problem. Also players vary on what type of media they can can play.

You might want to try ImgBurn, all us ole times use it and it has a very good Verify mode, see link in my sig "Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to Work Together". Personally I never verify, I have a very finicky Portable DVD player sitting next to my puter, I play the disc in there to verify after the burn. If it plays in it, it will play in any player.

Originally posted by laurasautographs View Post
      When I try to play the disk on my computer, it doesn't read there either
      So are you saying the puter/DVD burner you created this disc with will not play via a softplayer after it is burned ?

Also the Program Chain (PGC), how the DVD navigates can cause DVD's to load slowly. Some of the newer protected DVD's jump all over the place, causing slow loading times. Have you tried the Jump To feature of DVDFab ? It's in the "Navigation Pane" of the "Full Disc", try setting one of those to see if you notice any difference.

I personally edit all my backups using PgcEdit to navigate via my preferences, varies depending on DVD content. But in most cases I jump to th MPAA rating (if available) then the Movie, then the Special Features menu. PgcEdit is NOT a decryption tool, just a PGC editor.

PS: Welcome to the forum !!

Last edited by AlienX69; 01-05-2010, 07:48 PM.
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Hi laurasautographs and welcome,

The verify function in VSO (Fab's default burn engine) is marginal at best and frankly, IMO, it's worthless.
        If you're really interested in verification, recommend that you download and use Img.
        It's free, very reliable and configurable.

Here's a post which includes a download link anda great video tutorial on how to set it up with Fab. There's also a nifty auto write speed utility within Img:

A word about verification. Although Img's verify function is reliable and will check disc content and integrity, there's no guarantee that a "verified" disc will play nicely with all standalone players.

//Edit
        Hi Alien....here we are again.
        Didn't spot you in time.
        Last edited by maineman; 01-05-2010, 07:38 PM.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yes I agree with maineman.

The only reliable verification is to actually play the disk in a set top player.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

AlienX69 raises another great point and I missed it.
            I don't mean to speak for him, but when he suggests that you burn at the rated speed, he doesn't mean the max rated speed of the media, at least for starters.
            A good rule of thumb is to burn at 1/2 the max rated speed.
            So, say for eg., Verbatim 16X media...select 8X for your burn speed and this should work well.
            (I'm pretty sure this is what he had in mind).

If you need more detailed help, please post a burn log or two.

The default location is:
            C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yep didn't see you and Gregi slip in the back door either ....
              AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
                Yep didn't see you and Gregi slip in the back door either ....
                Yuppers...slippery old farts, ain't we...

Comment

I tried the imgburn and that worked! Thanks for all of the help guys. Also thanks for the video tutorials

Comment

As this problem is now resolved, this post is closed.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                    X