Any news on Cinavia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on Cinavia?

It's been awhile since a discussion on here.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if DVDFab guys are still trying to find a work around dealing with the Cinavia on Blu-Ray?
    Or, have any new updates?

I use DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy.

Thanks,

Kathy

Thanks for starting the thread, Kathy. I was recently wondering the same thing. I am currently running two Blu Ray players one to play discs that ignore Cinavia and another that detects Cinavia. Wish there was a work around for this on our backup copies.

Thanks,

Robert

Comment

cinevia

I thought cuda technology took care of the cinavia work around thanks darin

Comment

CUDA and Cinavia are unrelated. Cinavia is alive and well and if it's on the original it will be on the burned backup disk.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by lbbruiser View Post
          I thought cuda technology took care of the cinavia work around thanks darin
          Thanks lbbruiser that gave me a chuckle
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

dvdr880, twice now I've deleted your false and pointless rants about Cinavia removal. DVDFab has never "removed" Cinavia or promised to do so. If you want to learn the various ways to get around it start a thread but don't post this stuff again!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Cinavia

I apologise, but I thought the software was advertised as being able to produce playable Blu Ray copies, but the recent prevalence of discs containing Cinavia and preventing playback of copies on newer players has created a problem. I didn't realise there was a work around for this, so if there is would you please point me in the right direction to find out more.

Comment

I get around it a couple ways, one is my media player, rip to an iso and play it on the AIOS it doesn't know Cinavia. Two is make an MKV file and put it on a USB drive or thumb drive and play it on my BR player. If you try to burn the MKV file to a disc Cinavia will get you but played from USB it's fine. I recommend a media player, storage is cheap and it plays almost all file types you can have a big library on external HHDs.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Cinavia

Hi --- An interesting quote from 90312 "Two is make an MKV file and put it on a USB drive or thumb drive and play it on my BR player" --- I use media players exclusively (I have DUNE and AIOS) for playback of my copied/ripped files from a NAS HDD over my wired network and as 9031 says - Media players never have a problem with Cinavia. I must admit that I have never tied to put a Cinavia infected file onto a USB drive into a BR player (such as my Samsung - The PS3 won't replay MKV's....) and tried to play it back - I should add that the particular Samsung BR player that I have is completely 'un-updated' in order to avoid the Cinavia 'activation' so I have no way of checking 90312's method with the USB drive. However, I am intrigued - 90312 does an MKV rip of a Cinavia infected file actually play back normally, even if the BR player has had it's Cinavia' 'chip' activated ? I was under the impression that if the machine was Cinavia enabled then it would mute the audio after about 20 minutes

Comment

Hi whaleshark
                    Too answer your last 2 questions
                    The file will playback normally...
                    The audio will only mute if burnt to disc and played with the disc in the player, not through the USB...
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Just to add, my Panasonic BR player is new and definitely will detect Cinavia burned backup discs and it will play mkv files through the USB port normally. I also connected a USB DVD drive to the AIOS and play Cinavia discs normally through it. Several ways around the evils of Sony!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Cinavia ...

Well blow me down -- We live and learn! I'll check this all out tomorrow --- I still don't understand why folks still insist on burning to disks instead of going the media player and raided NAS/Cat5 route ---- Thanks

Comment

From what I understand, it's even possible to play Cinavia infected .MKV files via a USB connected HDD/pen-drive on new Sony Blu-ray disc players.

So currently, Cinavia is only activated when playing (Cinavia infected) disc based media only...
                          I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                          I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Yes media players are the way to go! Long live DUNE!
                            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Will Cinavia transfer only to physical discs or will Cinavia also transfer through .iso files?

Comment

Working...
                              X