System hangs apon loding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System hangs apon loding

This started a day or two ago. When I'm loading DVDfab the system hangs. I've restored backups from before this started and restored settings from at least 3 weeks ago and nothing changes. I notice a short time ago that it informed me that a new update was automatically installed. I've uninstalled/rebooted/reinstall/rebooted numerous times with no affect. I also deleted to temporary files folder with no effect. Although I have another program that acts like a virus called Window7 ........

It locks up so fast that the mouse pointer doesn't even get off the icon in the lower sys. tray. Any thoughts

I managed to get 9.1.3.0 to load, but isn't that a beta release??? 9.1.3.1 hung like the others ...

Comment

Back I the same boat, program locking system at startup of program, all versions.

Is DVDfab compatible with WINDOWS7 64bit???
      Are there any firewall concerns??
      Any thoughts??

Comment

I would uninstall it and scrub the registry with ccleaner or something like it, and reinstall. Windows 7x64 is not an issue.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I think I'm getting close. After deleting the program dozens of times and many ways, this time I deleted the directory where the log files and such are. After I did that it loaded up. It's too early to say it's solved, but I'll try your approach should it fail again. Some of the times it wouldn't "uninstall" it stated that the files were corrupt.

Comment

You may have gotten a corrupt download, you might delete and download a fresh installer. This is the MD5 on my successful download:
            DF6E5680D147C14F69F212C91535C5A2

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm beginning to think that a USB DVD drive may also be causing problems. It's been behaving a lot better since I unplugged it. Oh well, going to have to go from 9 drives to 8 ........ I'll have to wait a few more cycles of ripping till I can claim victory.

Comment

Originally posted by kherr View Post
                I notice a short time ago that it informed me that a new update was automatically installed.

It locks up so fast that the mouse pointer doesn't even get off the icon in the lower sys. tray. Any thoughts
                Hi kherr
                Fab will give you a notification that there is a newer version available but, will never download and install it on its own, you must manually do this.

What do you run for an anti virus, and are you also installing the installer as administrator?
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I have a tendency to click on those "upgrade available" screens like a bad habit. But then again there was talk the newer versions would handle the "Hunger Game" videos with the new encryption schemes, so I was going to need it anyway at some point.

I use Norton 360 and run scans on both my computer drives and my main network data shares at a slightest hint of trouble and always come up clean. And I have a ZyXEL USG20 firewall for a router. No ports open or anything. Every once in a while I'll have Norton pop up and block something though.

The USB drive was giving other troubles anyway. I haven't had a freeze up since I unplugged it, but need a few more days to make sure that is it. I sure hope I've found the source. I wonder how many hours of trouble shooting and reboots I have done.

Comment

Another thing, and you may already do this, is to always download the installer to your computer and install from there, don't install from the web site.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X