This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont burn single layer disc!!!

I am having a problem trying to burn "Star Trek" and "Transformers".

I have been using DVD FAB for 2 years now and I have never had a problem until now!!!

I go through the whole burning process up to when the disc ejects and asks for me to insert writable media. After I insert the disc(memorex DVD-R) it says:

"Media inserted in drive E: is single layer. Please insert a double layer media to start the write process."

I dont understand why it is saying this because like I said I have been using FAB for 2 years and these are the same exact discs I have been using in the past.

My subscription did recently expire about 3 months ago and during that time I did upgrade to Windows 7. I subscribed to FAB again today and when I tried to burn both of these movies I got that message??? Is windows 7 causing this to happen??

Please help!!!

Look on the bottom of the DVD Fab screen and make sure it says DVD5 not DVD9.

Comment

It certainly sounds like te file size is too big with that error message. What are the .iso's properties -- > 4.7 gb?

Comment

I had the same problem after updating my subscription. The default went to DVD9 (dual layer) rather than DVD5 (single layer).

Comment

Please also check the common settings under DVD / Blue-Ray in the DVD section and be sure that the Writeable Media (DVD-5) Size is set to 4300 (at least not higher than 4472) but 4300 is the safer size so as not to get near the edge of the DVD.

If this number is too big you will get the message that you have been getting.

Comment

Originally posted by RayinMaui View Post
            Look on the bottom of the DVD Fab screen and make sure it says DVD5 not DVD9.
            I agree with you dude. That is normally the problem.
            That is the setting for single layer discs.
            "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Originally posted by RayinMaui View Post
              I had the same problem after updating my subscription. The default went to DVD9 (dual layer) rather than DVD5 (single layer).
              RayinMaui were you able to fix this problem, after updating?

Comment

Do not double post about the same subject. Your question was answered in your other thread.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                X