Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crossgrade options (if any) for renewal of license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key Crossgrade options (if any) for renewal of license?

Hi,

My license for DVDFab Blu-ray Copy has expired. I used the software on my Windows machine.

Because I switched to Mac I'd like to renew the license to be used on my Mac instead. The online renewal page however doesn't state the operating system for which I can purchase the renewed license. I'm looking for some sort of cross grade for my DVDFab license.

Is there a renewal/crossgrade option to Mac?
    Or do I have to purchase a new Mac license for a full price?

Why not go to Fab support & ask them ?

Comment

Thanks, I will!

Comment

OK, so I have and the verdict's in.

It seems that platform 'switchers' (switching from Windows to Mac or vice versa) are worse off than those who stuck with the same operating system (family) or platform they've used before (mostly Windows). Renewal of licenses seems to apply when sticking to the same platform.
        Much unlike Adobe, who offer upgrades to new versions of their software at the same cost, regardless the old and/or new platform.

I would advise DVDFab to rethink their renewal strategy and offer the opportunity to cross grade from Windows to Mac (or vice versa) at a reduced fee.

Having to purchase a full license at thrice the price of a renewal just because I switched to Mac really puts me off sticking with DVDFab...

Comment

Working...
        X