Media Player & Bitstreaming HD Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Media Player & Bitstreaming HD Audio

Hi, can someone enlighten me on if Media Player would allow me to play a BD ISO from my NAS through a Blu-Ray equipped laptop or computer that could subsequently send the video & bitstreamed HD-audio over HDMI to my HT?

DVDFab Media Player can indeed pass a Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA bit-stream (including video) to a supporting surround sound amplifier via HDMI...
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Thanks,

Just for clarification though,

1. Does the computer have to be equipped with a blu ray drive to enable the Media Player's BD ISO playing capability?

2. Am I correct in assuming that the computer would require an audio card capable of bitstreaming?

Comment

Originally posted by RNRGAGNE View Post
        1. Does the computer have to be equipped with a blu ray drive to enable the Media Player's BD ISO playing capability?
        No... Indeed you can store your BRD.iso files on any external storage device (all of mine are stored on a Synology NAS) and DVDFab Media Player should be able to play them.

Originally posted by RNRGAGNE View Post
        2. Am I correct in assuming that the computer would require an audio card capable of bitstreaming?
        Yes or a supporting video card. More information can be found in this Answers for HD Audio Streaming Issues topic...
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Working...
        X