Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other ISO v. Folder

Dear developers, moderators or members,

Having been absent for quite a while from this forum, I have lost track of some basic knowledge about certain features. Yesterday, I decided to back up a few recent Blurays. They all turned out to be ISOs, not Folders, as I had before-- a long time ago. During playback, I did not notice any problem or degration from the ISO files. Still I have some stupid questions as follows for advice and comfort.

1. Are there any Pros and Cons for ISO v. Folder for storing and playback of Blurays ?

2. Are they intercovertible, if so desired later?

3. Is the Folder feature still available?

Note: I use servers for backups and playback. Folderes seem to spread among many hard drives; while ISOs seem to rest as complete individual pieces That is my limited knowlege based on my observations.

Many thanks, again, for any one willing to shed some light for me.

Childer

Hi Childer, I prefer iso image to folder myself, one file easy. Storage is as broad as it is long.

You can make a folder anytime from the iso or burn it directly to a blank.

the folder option is still available, it's down next to the output target. the folder icon with the iso icon just to the right of it.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi, 90312,

Thank you very much for your prompt assitance. I will choose ISO for future bacups. Now, do I need to reformat my earlier Folders to ISOs? Or no need at all? Thanks, again,

Child

Comment

Working...
      X