This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't copy the movie "Up"

I have been using the free version for a long time and it has worked great until Transformers, Star Trek and Up came along. The latest version 6.2.1.8 does not run on Windows 7 Ultimate(64-bit) Dell Inspiron 1720 system with 4GBs of RAM.
    If the evaluation period has lapsed, does the program tell you or does it just stop working? Windows 7 reports an "AppCrash" every time I start any version of DVDFab 6 or later.
    Do I need to purchase and register this version before I can successfully copy the movie "UP"? That's kind of what I got out of the announcement.
    Any suggestions?
    Also, I noticed that when I select HD Decrypter from menu and I try to copy a movie to the hdd, it now starts the evaluation period for DVD-to-DVD copy. It this the way it's suppose to work?
    What does HD Decrypter give you?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi LilGazr and welcome,

My guess is that you have something else going on...some sort of conflict, corrupt install, etc., re: Win7 and 6.2.1.8.
    Many of us are running Win7 Ultimate or Pro 64-bit and are not experiencing problems.

Please download and run 6.2.2.0 Beta and hopefully, this will work for you.

After the evaluation period, the program is supposed to revert to the freeware version which will give you only limited function. It is a ripper only, will not compress and last I knew, will only do full disc.

Honestly, most of us (all the mods and admin anyway) own the retail version and as such do not have access th the freeware app. It's a pain for folks asking questions such as you...and for us, because we're just guessing unless another user of the freeware app comes along.

Another key factor re: HD Decrypter is that the decrypting software in this app will lag behind the retail versions by as much as 60-90 days...this from the author himself.
    So the retail app has a huge advaantage with respect to this as well.

I'm believe that you're correct in your surmise about the trial period starting when HD decrypter is selected from the menu.

I'm stuck at work today, but tomorrow I plan to install a new OS on an external eSATA hdd, install Fab and run the clock up so that the 30 day trial period expires and see what the heck is going on with the freeware version

Sorry I can't be more help right off.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
    X