This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just reinstalled xp now fab

i just reinstalled xp pro with sp2 when i go to back up a disk with dvd fab its taking me over a hour when i use to be able to do it in under 10 mins also takes just as long with shrink not sure whats going on
    when i first opend fab up i had a pop up about turning on something about (dma) when i would turn it on the computer would notr boot back up and i had to do system restore

sorry if this makes no sense

thanks brian
    Last edited by brian1978; 01-10-2010, 04:58 PM.

For some reason your system has reverted from DMA to Pio mode.

You must reset to DMA to regain your former rip and burn speed..
    Go to divice manager and uninstal your burners then reboot your computer.
    This should solve the problem.

Fab will usually do this I do not understand why it did not.
    g

Comment

On the FAB setting page under general you will see a button (reset dma) just click on that instead of uninstalling your burners, thats the quickest way
      Paid Not To Work
      US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
      Proudly Served On
      USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
      6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Jimbo he has already tried that with fab and it did not work that is why he need to uninstall his burner and reboot.

Comment

when i done reset dma when it reboots i get the xp screen then it just goes to a black screen well after a few more mins my my main screen came back up so ill have to see if it worked this time thanks for the help guys any one want to give me a idea on where to get my ethernet controller driver from

when u reboot now it takes forever to boot up after i done the dma reset
          Last edited by brian1978; 01-10-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brian1978 View Post
            when u reboot now it takes forever to boot up after i done the dma reset
            How long is forever?
            Do a boot with a watch in your hand and time it to the second.

Comment

Working...
            X