Converting HD-DVD rips to another format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Converting HD-DVD rips to another format

I have several HD-DVD rips that I have created via DVDFab. However, I would like to convert them to a different format since I had to switch to PowerDVD 14 and it doesn't play HD-DVDs. How would I go about converting these HD-DVD rips into something else that PowerDVD will recognize and play?

Thanks,
    Dan

What format are your HD-DVD rips now. Are the video and audio streams still within the .evo container?

Some years ago I converted all of my HD-DVD discs to the Blu-ray disc file/format structure and saved them as .iso files.

However, because my Oppo BDP-103 does not support playback of .iso files, I used DVDFab's 'pass-through' mode to save them as .mkv files (complete with chapters).

From what I understand PowerDVD 14 supports .mkv files
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I just ripped them into the TS Audio/Video files, which is default when ripping. Now the question is how do I convert those .evo files? I cannot get DVDFab to recognize them to convert.

Comment

If DVDFab is unable to read .evo files, perhaps you should try an application called MKVmerge GUI...
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

MKVMerge GUI worked like a charm!!!

Thanks again!

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X