This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB win7 64bit

I recently updated my vista laptop to win7 64bit, I updated my DVDFAB to version 6.2.1.8, the only issue i seem to have is opening DVDFAB, when I open it my taskmanager dosn't show it under the applications tab, but it does show in the processes tab as using 00 of the cpu. I leave it running for at least 5-10 min not exagerating, and the UI finally pops up and works fine with no stalls from that point on. any help would be awsome. sorry for the long post. im a newb to the forum. Forgot to add, that after waiting the 5 min for the dvdfab ui to open, it shows up as running on task manager in both the applications tab as well as using the cpu in the processes tab.
    Last edited by soldoutluck; 01-11-2010, 01:05 AM.

anyone know how to solve this. I have searched ll over and can't seem to find out how to solve this issue

Comment

I don't recall ever running across this issue.
      First off, I'd start off gently and just update to v. 6.2.2.0 Beta and see if this does it.
      Hopefully, you won't have to roll up your sleeves and dig too deeply to resolve this.
      I've never been a fan of OS upgrades...no offense intended; they just tend to be a bit more problematic.
      On the other hand, it sounds like your upgrade went just fine, except for Fab.

If the update doesn't do it...
      When you ran theFab installer, did you right click and run as administrator?
      Once installed, you should also right click on the Fab icon and run the app as administrator.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

well this is what i have done so far.
        -I upgraded from 6.2.0.5 after upgrading to win7 because 6.2.0.5 didn't seem to be working.
        - i loaded 6.2.1.8 and still seemed to have a problem with dvdfAB
        -at that point i re-ran the win7 update to see if that would fix the issue, and it seemed as though it hadn't
        - so thats when I checked the task manager and saw that it was showing up, but only under the processes tab. I waited to see if it would open and that is when I found out that DVDFAB would open, but only after about five to ten minutes of waiting.
        - I have since made a dvd-dvd copy of paranormal activity, and it worked great and completed fine.
        - but one wierd this is at about 75-80% complete, the ui disapeared, and the taskmanager didn't show it on the applications tab.
        as far as uninstalling and re-installing as admin I will try that, but i have been running the program as admin.

Comment

Did you right click on the install file and choose : Run as Administrator , When you installed DVDFab ?
          That is the #1 problem that I have ran across with Win 7 and installing other programs.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
          Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

On my Win7/64 system DVDFab does take a bit longer to load than I remember from XP, but we're talking about 15-30s rather than minutes. However I've never bothered to upgrade Windows (especially on a laptop), the only reason I have Windows 7 is because I bought a new PC recently. Depending on your PC's specs it may just not be a good fit for Windows 7 or there may be some extra baggage from the upgrade left over.

I like running registry cleaners, but I also question how well they work. CCleaner is about the right price and worth a shot - plus it backs up the changes for you:
            CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your PC. It protects your privacy and makes your computer faster and more secure! Download it FREE today.

Comment

I had run ccleaner a few times to try and knock any of the old stuff out as soon as the win7 update was done as well as doing a disk clean up on C drive and a defrag as well. I will be uninstalling to day and re-installing as admin, in hopes that this will cure the problem. Thank you for all of the tips so far guys.

Comment

so i went ahead and did the un-install, ran ccleaner, restarted and did the install as admin and am still having the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                X