Kingston's HyperX Predator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Kingston's HyperX Predator

I saw an article about a Product called Kingston's HyperX Predator.

See Below,

The term PCI Express SSD is actually something of a misnomer, since the new storage devices are not, in fact, PCI Express drives.

True, they use the PCI Express root complex, specifically a 4-lane configuration, but the form factor is not the one normally associated with this sort of storage devices. Instead, the M.2 PCB model is used.

Then again, we're pretty certain that M.2 SSDs will replace PCI Express ones altogether in time and will leave the normal slots to video, sound, network and accessory cards, as used to be the case.

Anyway, the HyperX Predator line of solid state drives is composed of M.2 storage devices with up to 960 GB capacity and 1.4 Gbps performance.

I don't know much about these type of Drives, but if they are faster at Data transfers could they be used for Faster Ripping and Converting ???

It certainly won't hurt, but I've found the limiting factors to be the optical drive and CPU over a range of HDD, SSD to USB thumb drives.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      It certainly won't hurt, but I've found the limiting factors to be the optical drive and CPU over a range of HDD, SSD to USB thumb drives.
      Would a Internal Hard Drive or a External Hard Drive 3.0 USB be better ???

Comment

For moving files around internal are faster but for ripping and converting it really doesn't matter much, the drive will always be waiting on the CPU/optical drive.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X